No Xp Bars And Other Graphical Anomalies

OK, I recently got a laptop up and running again and have been trying to get it ready to use for muling, etc. It is running XP, has ALL updates Microsoft offers at this time for XP. It also has the .net framework fully installed. It can log into game, and I can play on it.

Now the issues I am running into on it. The XP bars on the main HUD, and the character info panel are all blank. I cannot see hull points, shield levels or reactor power at all (on myself or someone I am grouped with). Also when gating, the little red reticle that spins around the target system doesn't spin right, instead of spinning around it's center, it instead spins around one of it's corners. :blink:

Any ideas what steps I can take to resolve this? I would like to have this laptop for more than just simple muling, but without seeing the important info about the ship, I dare not take it into combat.

I'd recommend a full reinstall of the game client and repatch, specifically because no one else has reported such to us (at least that i've heard of) suggests corruption of client files to me.

I remember reading of this in another post pre "The Big Crash" with about 4 or 5 people having the same issue, sorry to say I don't remember the fix.
I would try running in Windowed mode as that would only take 2 minutes to try, other than that, a new download and re-install would be next on my list.

I have tried windowed and non-windowed, same both ways. I will try a full re-install of client and patches. Edited by Riz of the Bloody Hand

Well did a full re-install, now the client will not open at all. Trying something else now, I will kep you posted.

Well copied the game folder from the PC it was working perfectly on, onto a nice big SD card, and put it onto this laptop. It works again now, however, the graphics issue I originally reported is still there. I know the program files are all good, as they are exact copies of the ones on my desktop.

Afraid I'm at a loss then, wish I could offer more. haven't yet encountered it. Try running the configuration utility again w/ admin and make sure the graphics settings are good? That'd be what I'd do next as a trial run.

Well I know I did update the drivers when I got the laptop working, However it appears the vid card I have has two possible updated drivers, and when I tried he second one instead, viola! It works.

Well I was running OK on my desktop, I am now able to have two PCs at my disposal when needed. My desktop stinks bad enough I couldn't multibox on it to save my lfe.