Highlight Group Members In Station

Falstar

This is off a bug report that shield/hulls were not being updated when on base. The suggestion is to have the client show which group members are on the station by highlighting their bars, like if they were in the same sector.

Obviously we can't expect to get updates from players not docked (another sector) and all players would always be full on the station since they'd be repaired.

Still, I can see the usefulness of knowing at a glace which members of the group are currently on station.

[quote name='Dakynos' timestamp='1329583314' post='53960']
Obviously we can't expect to get updates from players not docked (another sector)
[/quote]

I would think, that a station is technically it's own "sector", independant from the sector its shown in (thats just graphical/map).
Docking is technically nothing else then gating into a new sector (station) - so a player not docked at the station is server-wise not in the same "sector" with you.
[size=3][i]Well, at least i think it is this way (everything else would be unlogical).[/i][/size]

And yeah, of course:
A player not at the same station should not get updated - that's the very meaning of this functionality :yes:

Are you sure this should be a "suggestion"?
It was original Live-Server functionality!