Windows 7

[quote name='airjoc' timestamp='1320170638' post='47903']
Does E&B have windows 7 support or does it have any problems operating under windows7? THXS!!
[/quote]

sure does. I've played on both XP and win7 but I played last night without a hitch :)

[quote name='airjoc' timestamp='1320170638' post='47903']
Does E&B have windows 7 support or does it have any problems operating under windows7? THXS!!
[/quote]

windows 7 and windows vista can have issues with the launcher. telltale signs are lancher window at bottom is blank,ctd after entering username and password, if you have these issues, first make sure you right clicked the net7 launcher file after downloading and installed it as admin, set the desktop icon and the .app files and.exe files in net7 folder to run in windows xp,sp2 and admin mode. if you still have problems then you will need to get ahold of a gm in teamspeak,
ts.net-7.org
to download the older version of the launcher.

[quote name='Blacklung' timestamp='1320177184' post='47907']
windows 7 and windows vista can have issues with the launcher. telltale signs are lancher window at bottom is blank,ctd after entering username and password, if you have these issues, first make sure you right clicked the net7 launcher file after downloading and installed it as admin, set the desktop icon and the .app files and.exe files in net7 folder to run in windows xp,sp2 and admin mode. if you still have problems then you will need to get ahold of a gm in teamspeak,
ts.net-7.org
to download the older version of the launcher.
[/quote]

ThxS!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
well I have been playing enb on my old computer but the video card fan quit yesterday so now I am trying to get it working on my new laptop which has windows 7. I have heard alot say "run as admin" but the does very little to tell me step by step...literallly...how to do this. I veere against randonly making changes to anything on my pc's cause without step by step I usually end up creating more problems than I solve.

Atm, when I click the Net7 launcher icon on desktop it goes to "my documents" and I cancel then it gives me an error of some kind of "exceptions". I tell it to continue and the launch screen shows but doesn't connect or do anything at all so I can click play and move on.

Is there another post with those step by step instructions for dummies with windows 7?

WoLfXx

[quote name='WoLfX' timestamp='1321202151' post='48465']
well I have been playing enb on my old computer but the video card fan quit yesterday so now I am trying to get it working on my new laptop which has windows 7. I have heard alot say "run as admin" but the does very little to tell me step by step...literallly...how to do this. I veere against randonly making changes to anything on my pc's cause without step by step I usually end up creating more problems than I solve.

Atm, when I click the Net7 launcher icon on desktop it goes to "my documents" and I cancel then it gives me an error of some kind of "exceptions". I tell it to continue and the launch screen shows but doesn't connect or do anything at all so I can click play and move on.

Is there another post with those step by step instructions for dummies with windows 7?

WoLfXx
[/quote]

Right click on the following two files (default installation paths are listed), select Properties, then select the Compatibility Tab. NOTE: all this information is covered in the installation instructions post at the top of this forum but it can take a while to find it. :lol:

Are the following files set so that 'Run this program as administrator' and 'Run this program in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3' are both checked?

Client.exe file (Earth and Beyond\release\client.exe)
LaunchNet7.exe (NET7\bin\LaunchNet7.exe)