Can't login after playing with Starship creator

I recently came back to the game.. was in game playing one character, and decided to load up the starship creator in another window to see what other classes had for skills, etc. I made a new toon, and as soon as I tried to log into the game, crashed to desktop. Now anytime I load the game up, I enter my password, and after that CTD again. Any ideas anyone?

Honestly, I'm not sure why this should do this. I've created characters in the Creator and even moved them around and never had it crash the game, even when I had different characters in the slot than the one I created.

However, I happen to know where the character configuration files are stored, and you might try going to that directory and deleting them. (Or saving them off to another location) While I can't remember it exactly, I believe it's something like C:/Program Data/Westwood Studios/Earth and Beyond Character Creator. Program Data is a hidden folder, so you will have to show hidden folders in your Windows Explorer to see it. The files are all called ".dat", and numbered for the slot they go in.

Amusingly, I never figured this out on live, so I was never able to save my character designs. Now I have them all backed up. :)

If this works, you might try renumbering your design so it is in an empty slot.

• 2 weeks later...
Want to update this for the DEV's if anyone's looking. I never resolved this issue so I just remade the account and rerolled the toons. Things went fine several days (Both of my accounts ran fine at the same time, for extended periods of time) until today, I made a new character (Canei) on this account, and same thing happened. However I wasn't using the starship editor, I just logged into my account, made a Jenquai Explorer, and after I selected name and server, and clicked to enter game, crashed to desktop. Now I can't access this account. I run EnB, type in username and password at Meagan, and as soon as I see the yellow hand approving login, crashes. Worth noting, I tried several times to log in, and on one of the attempts, I got a message from the client saying "This account is currently logged in, please try again in 30 seconds" or something to that effect. So could this be a server issue? My other account is fine, logs on no problem. I still uninstalled/reinstalled everything just in case, but no good. If nothing else, would love to at least move my characters to another account. I've got an ingame ticket open, but GM's pointed me to forums the first instance of it, I guess since it's dealing with the client.

Go into Start > RUn.. and type %APPDATA% then OK

This should take you to the private folder your version of windows uses for temporary files for applications. You should be able to look around and find EA's character creator, there are .dat files wh ich store the toons. If perhaps one of them was corrupt and you're crashing when its trying to load them as a potential new character, I suppose this could happen. i would try erasing or removing those .dats so th at the game doesn't try to load them.

some people will use the starship and character creator to make a toon on one machine but never actualy log in, then on another they make toons and do log in, when they go back to the first machine to login it loads the made avatar then freezes the account until that avatar with the same name is deleted from system.