Client Termination

Ok I have been playing the game on my machine (running windows xp). I decided to get the game downloaded for my brother so we can play together (he is running windows vista). Everything has went well until we got our players to Swooping Eagle. When he tried to land on the planet the game crashed and the last thing on the net-7 screen was client terminating. Client termination sent. So I logged on to my character on his computer thinking maybe his character was bad. Well I was able to dock at the station (starts with a Y) on Swooping Eagle planet. But when I try to go into the next room (through the doors), it pauses as if it is trying to load the next room and then crashes with the client termination thing again. I have the game client and net-7 running as Administrator. Is there anything else I can do? Please help and thank you guys for working on bringing this great game back to life!!!

Can you please sure the client is up to date ...

Reset the updates in the launcher and update again.

If that fails I would suggest you remove the client, delete the folder and reinstall.

Also make sure you download and install enb_up.exe from the download section

Then allow the launcher to repatch it all again..

I'm experiencing frequent CTDs when logging in, gating or docking, as are many other people judging by the number of complaints in the game. There's usually some sort of "connection has been reset" or "client has terminated" message in the launcher when this happens. So far retrying a few times in a row seems to work.

Windows XP SP3

This sounds like a connection issue rather than game issues...

I can run on Vista fine (touchwood) and dont have the problems described in this post.

However, i do have Visual Studio installed on my machine, can you please try the install the following

Visual C++ runtimes

See if that makes a difference.

I'm running Win7 and was having the dreaded CTD or CTM or just a plain Net7Proxy or Client termination error every few gates or so. But I read a post on here a while back that was very helpful...Forget which one it was but essentially just run the E&BConfig.exe and the net7config.exe as Adminstrator, get your settings right. I have yet to have a CTD since!

Also, if I ever have connection problems, like resets etc. Try running without Packet Optimization(Enable using /packetopt on in game instead) and use the Client Detours. That is all with Multiplayer(Custom) This game is still as touchy as it was in live lol. Just gotta give it a little finesse sometimes.

Thank you Demos. i did all that and it has helped alot. many less crash's now than before. I did catch an error # 10053 error receiving header on port 3500

seen it twice on the few times i have locked up. don't run macafee and don't run Nortons. so not sure if Avast is causing this issue or its something else. any help would be greatly appreciated :)

• 4 weeks later...