Hull damage parts.

Just a small suggestion I was thinking about it for a little while.

When you hull takes damage you can take you ship to any base to get fixed. Easy as that.. But....
What about charging to fix your hull, Different bases would charge different rates. Could be based on your alliance for faction as for cost.

Thoughts?

Welllll...funny you should mention that...in live it did charge you to repair via a tow or docking when somethings durability was less than 100%. I don't remember it giving you a cut rate for factional reasons though, that would be cool. They actually had people go into negative credits via tows, so they made it free tows in start areas and the npc would warn you about that as well..that you needed to be more careful away from your home zone.

Spent the evening on how I would like it.

Here's my idea.

During your probation period (where you receive not xp dept) you wouldn't get charged.

Each promotion level would put you in a different hull damage tier. Meaning for each point of hull damage would cost you more to fix.
Now, each base would have a base charge for fixing damage to the ship. This base figure would increase or decrease depending on your faction level of the base you are visiting.

Users would also be able to select if they want to get their ship fixed when docking or wait till they find a better deal. You could also apply so many credits toward your hull fix. Perhaps enough to get you buy to get more credits.

If a user had been destroyed then they wouldn't have a choice, you would still get towed to the last place you registered at. Here is where they would get into negative credits if they didn't have enough.

Visiting your home base would be your best deal on fixing your ship as well.

Optional: Allow users to make a "Temporary Home" which would allow you to receive a discount on your damage repair. But this would only apply if you have a good standing faction with that base.

• 1 month later...
Interesting, but it certainly makes sense that stations could charge more for their 'enemies' to dock & repair. Then again you could call it discrimination :P I do like the fact that faction would come into play. If you're hunting in a zone that really hates you, you'll pay a ton to get fixed there. Also, that may add another reason to bring someone along who can JS.