INV-300

I keep getting this error. I've tried the stuff in the FAQ, tried the dns flush, tried checking local cert (when i do this it says in the command box that it is unable to connect to server threw port 443). Nothing is working at all....

Local cert fixes the INV-300, but the proxy is having trouble binding to port 443 on your computer. Do you have anything installed that would run as a web server, or a secure server of some sort?

Also, in the launcher, go to the "Help" menu in the top right corner, click "Install Certificate", and try again normally.

I'm getting this same error.
Working on Win7, have all administrator permissions, have installed the 2011 cert, clicked "Help" and "Install Cert", have done everything else I have read to do, but still getting...
[img]http://www.museevolution.com/junk/enberror.png[/img]

Any suggestions? Edited by SkyTreasure

Try connecting to "play.net-7.org" if you're not already. If that doesn't help, try using "Local Cert". If that doesn't help, show me the readout of net7proxy.exe.

I have found this most often occurs when the launcher is unable to update the authlogin.dll file in the client directory.

This is especially a problem on Vista and Windows 7, although some firewalls will try to stop file modification.

I think we should post up a standard set of login files, already pointing at sunrise, for people to manually update with if required.

I would not recommend resorting to local-cert as you could be setting yourself up for problems further down the track.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1301628626' post='38013']
I have found this most often occurs when the launcher is unable to update the authlogin.dll file in the client directory.

This is especially a problem on Vista and Windows 7, although some firewalls will try to stop file modification.

I think we should post up a standard set of login files, already pointing at sunrise, for people to manually update with if required.

I would not recommend resorting to local-cert as you could be setting yourself up for problems further down the track.
[/quote]
Is AuthLogin.dll patched with the regular client files? If it weren't updated, the launcher should give an error and prevent the player from patching and, therefore, launching the game.

Indeed I only recommend Local Cert as a stop-gap measure to get people in-game when they can't any other way. I'll try the AuthLogin solution first from now on.

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1301633917' post='38017']
Is AuthLogin.dll patched with the regular client files? If it weren't updated, the launcher should give an error and prevent the player from patching and, therefore, launching the game.

Indeed I only recommend Local Cert as a stop-gap measure to get people in-game when they can't any other way. I'll try the AuthLogin solution first from now on.
[/quote]

I actually was having problems with the AuthLogin.dll but then was able to fix whatever I needed to fix to get by that.

Here's my net7proxy.exe...

[img]http://www.museevolution.com/junk/net7proxy.png[/img]

• 2 weeks later...
If the game is crashing with local cert, I think you're actually logging in, but then the game is crashing for an unrelated reason, like program incompatibility. Click the "FAQ and Common Fixes" link in my signature and try the solutions outlined there for client crashes after login and let me know if any of those help.

another inv-300 thread here, lurked for a bit and found some related threads but found no solutions. I went through C Del's troubleshooting FAQ and got the new cert and installed it, seemed to install ok but didn't cure my issue. tried clicking local cert, and the game seems to hang up on log in(after i type credentials and hit login) until i alt tab and close net7proxy. My OS is Win7x64. I went into windows firewall settings, outbound rules, sort by local port, there is one on 443 called "BranchCache Hosted Cache Sever(HTTP-Out)" and sort by remote port, there is another entry by the same name. Somewhere I saw it's maybe an issue with win7 permissions, elsewhere i saw it could be an issue with 443 being used already.. looking for some insight.

Thanks.

Edit: forgot to say, the firewall rules are not enabled by default. i didn't change them. Edited by Arcadius

After 3 days of trying to get the game to work with Win7x64 and doing all of the above mentioned and then some, I did manage to log in with local cert checked but it was inv-300 hell without it. In my case inbound rules in firewall had port 443 with secure socket tunneling protocol, with no on enabled and no on override but its all Greek to me.
It might be a good idea for the DEVs to look into this and see if they can make it easier for common folk to run the game in x64 OS.

[quote name='Strayslayer' timestamp='1302707392' post='39019']
I have no issues boxing my toons on a win7 x64 build. After following the instructions on the initial install page I have run flawlessly the last 2 months, no reinstall or anything.
[/quote]

The issue seems to be on new installs, something changed that made Win7x64 unwilling or unable to accept.

Update: When I run the game without local cert checked, the readout in Net7Proxy is

Net7Proxy version 2.06
Using IP: 192.168.1.105 (192.168.1.105)
DATE TIME Attempting to connect to IP address 87.106.131.253
DATE TIME Sending Login.
DATE TIME Login OK
DATE TIME MVAS thread running

that's it. with local cert checked it says

Net7Proxy version 2.06
Using IP: 192.168.1.105 (192.168.1.105)
DATE TIME Attempting to connect to IP address 87.106.131.253
DATE TIME Sending Login.
DATE TIME Login OK
DATE TIME Connectiong to Authentication Server on 87.106.131.253:443
DATE TIME MVAS thread running

MVAS thread running in 2nd instance took a minute and a half from start time.

I have right clicked properties all the net7 and client.exe executables and set them to run with admin privileges.
I set client.exe to winxpsp2 mode.
I reset updates.
I ran enbconfig, set resolution to monitor and desktop native 1920x1080, ran a vid test and it looked great.
I have no vpn.
In another thread Maniac posted his net7 folder for others to run, it helped at least 1 person in that thread, it didn't work for me.

Please advise.

Ok a few questions:

1) Do you have Packet Optimization or Prototype Reorder checked?
-Some use both checked.

2) Does the game just crash to desktop or hang at the galaxy map load screen?

3) Have you tried giving EnB admin rights?
-Not sure about Win7 however I know Vista needs you to give admin rights to the game.

4) Have you tried checking lock port option?

Personally when I use local cert checked I hang at the Galaxy load screen, I do not recommend using it, it was designed to be a workaround for the beta testers long ago and is not meant to be used long term.

[quote name='Maniac' timestamp='1302726148' post='39044']
Ok a few questions:

1) Do you have Packet Optimization or Prototype Reorder checked?
-Some use both checked.

2) Does the game just crash to desktop or hang at the galaxy map load screen?

3) Have you tried giving EnB admin rights?
-Not sure about Win7 however I know Vista needs you to give admin rights to the game.

4) Have you tried checking lock port option?

Personally when I use local cert checked I hang at the Galaxy load screen, I do not recommend using it, it was designed to be a workaround for the beta testers long ago and is not meant to be used long term.
[/quote]

1)tried every combination of checked/unchecked for Packet optimization, prototype reoder, and lock port.

2) without local cert checked, i just get inv-300, every time. with local cert, i type in username and pass, hit login, and the game just stalls, apparently working on something, until i alt tab and close net7proxy, then i get the lost connection error. this is the ONLY time i don't get INV-300 error trying to connect. i don't get to a galaxy map. I can't get past megan in the creditionals login screen.

3) detours.exe, launcher.exe, launchnet7.exe, net7proxy.exe, e&b.exe, and client.exe all have execute as admin privileges.

4) see 1.

I hate to nitpick in the middle of getting help troubleshooting, but has anyone working on the project sat down with a win7x64 disc, done a fresh install and without changing any fancy options, installed and run this game?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Try this, Tienbau put it in a different Thread:

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1302734664' post='39059']
I'll post the files again here:

[attachment=870:sunrise_patch.zip]
[/quote]

Might work for you, again have to repeat dont use Local Cert.

[quote name='Maniac' timestamp='1302737652' post='39065']
Try this, Tienbau put it in a different Thread:

Might work for you, again have to repeat dont use Local Cert.
[/quote]

MIRACLES!

OK update: Before I read that post i uninstalled and reinstalled enb and net7 and made sure both had admin privileges in all .exe's, and repatched net7, with no cigar. I did not get the new cert this time. I copied the folders Manaiac posted from Tienbau, and the INV-300 error went away, and I started getting a crash. setting the compatability of client.exe to winxp fixed it, and I'm in the game now. Someone needs to investigate whats wrong with the patcher and those 3 or 4 files.

But again, now it works. Thanks a million for the effort in getting the project running, and for helping me connect to it.

I just pushed those updated files as a launcher patch.

I'm aware there's still a nasty group crash bug out there, the net7proxy I posted brushes the problem under the carpet until we can determine the actual problem. Still, it stops the crash without any side effects so it's better than nothing.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Steele208' timestamp='1304135526' post='40010']
I have installed everything. I get to the login screen with megan, type in my account information, and I get the INV-300 error every time. Someone please help.
[/quote]

Try this from deep within another thread [url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/4837-just-who-do-we-point-fingers-at/page__p__39059#entry39059"]Tienbau's post linking sunrise_patch.zip[/url].

The files are in their correct places within this zip file, so it's just a case of transfering to their respective places within Earth and Beyond folder. I was having the same issue as yourself, this cleared it up immediately. Edited by Durranimo