Patching problem

[quote name='Maniac' timestamp='1302577800' post='38874']
Try this:
Open LaunchNet7.exe
Click Launcher on the top Left side
Hit Reset Updates

Should scan your game and re-update the missing files.
[/quote]
Yes. Also, try running LaunchNet7 as an administrator if you're using Windows Vista or 7 to make sure it has the necessary access to change the client files.

When you are patching and it asks for which file to update, be sure to go into the C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond folder and choose the e&b.exe file there. Some people skip through installations and assume it chooses the file for you automatically(like I did the first time). Edited by Culex

Thanks Culex but in my Net 7 this is the client browse folder I have showing. I guess your talking about changing this to the .exe file but no sure exactly which one and were its at. I'll keep looking though.

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe

[quote name='Culex' timestamp='1302658597' post='38964']
When you are patching and it asks for which file to update, be sure to go into the C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond folder and choose the e&b.exe file there. Some people skip through installations and assume it chooses the file for you automatically(like I did the first time).
[/quote]

Thanks Culex but in my Net 7 this is the client browse folder I have showing. I guess your talking about changing this to the .exe file but no sure exactly which one and were its at. I'll keep looking though.

[quote name='gjianop' timestamp='1302664282' post='38981']

[/quote]
That's the correct path.

Try downloading [url="http://patch.net-7.org/Client/Files/release/AuthLogin.dll"]this file[/url] to "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\release" (Replace the AuthLogin.dll that's already there) and try again.

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1302693660' post='39010']
That's the correct path.

Try downloading [url="http://patch.net-7.org/Client/Files/release/AuthLogin.dll"]this file[/url] to "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\release" (Replace the AuthLogin.dll that's already there) and try again.
[/quote]

Perfect, that worked ... but now once I get to the game start screen to create a character it states my client is out of date and run the patch utility? Once I hit ok it closes down the game. Any ideas? Edited by gjianop

[quote name='gjianop' timestamp='1302729341' post='39051']
Perfect, that worked ... but now once I get to the game start screen to create a character it states my client is out of date and run the patch utility? Once I hit ok it closes down the game. Any ideas?
[/quote]
Can you get a screenshot of it? I don't think I've seen that error before. Does it happen after you've made the character, or right before you start?

CDel I saw this error before now too with Magoo tryin to troubleshoot his problem. At Game startup just before you could login, Blue error box would say client out of date blah blah and close down the game. Even though we verified patching with enb_up.exe as well as the launcher patches/updates (all went without a hitch) I never could get it to take (not sure what Magoo did/if it ever got fixed. Was certainly a strange one for me to see considering (also made note the game was still playing the old Westwood Logo intro video too.

The one thing I noticed different from my installs when talkin with Magoo was he used the original game discs where i had downloaded the enbdemo from here. But honestly that shouldn't of mattered just making mention that was the only thing that differed from all the installs I've done/helped with.

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1302799031' post='39108']
Can you get a screenshot of it? I don't think I've seen that error before. Does it happen after you've made the character, or right before you start?
[/quote]

Interesting but I just launched again and client did an upload to version 70. Now the game works ... thanks for everything and time to retro back to good times.

[quote name='gjianop' timestamp='1302820900' post='39135']
Interesting but I just launched again and client did an upload to version 70. Now the game works ... thanks for everything and time to retro back to good times.
[/quote]

One more thing since you've been a great help. Are we supposed to use the same ID/password of the EA account at game start as our emulator one? I keep trying but after I hit accept the game shuts down.

[quote name='gjianop' timestamp='1302918108' post='39213']
One more thing since you've been a great help. Are we supposed to use the same ID/password of the EA account at game start as our emulator one? I keep trying but after I hit accept the game shuts down.
[/quote]

If you're crashing to the desktop everytime you accept your password, I'm having the same problem every time I login. The only work around I've found that works for me so far is to delete net7proxy.exe from the /bin folder in the Net7 directory. Then when I get the launcher up on the screen, I reset the updates and let it update and I can play. The downside, for me, is that when I try to log in again later, I have to do the same process all over again or it will CTD after I type in my password. I'm running Windows 7 on both my desktop and my laptop. I'm having this problem on my desktop, but it works just fine on my laptop. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled everything a couple of times since the move to the new server. Actually, I never had this problem until we moved to the new server. I'm patient though...eventually I or someone else will figure it out. Edited by Saedor

[quote name='Saedor' timestamp='1302999038' post='39249']
If you're crashing to the desktop everytime you accept your password, I'm having the same problem every time I login. The only work around I've found that works for me so far is to delete net7proxy.exe from the /bin folder in the Net7 directory. Then when I get the launcher up on the screen, I reset the updates and let it update and I can play. The downside, for me, is that when I try to log in again later, I have to do the same process all over again or it will CTD after I type in my password. I'm running Windows 7 on both my desktop and my laptop. I'm having this problem on my desktop, but it works just fine on my laptop. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled everything a couple of times since the move to the new server. Actually, I never had this problem until we moved to the new server. I'm patient though...eventually I or someone else will figure it out.
[/quote]

Yep ... i figured that one out the other day also, reset the updates every time ...