Still getting INV-300 Error

I setup my net7 account, got the email, clicked the link, said I was active. Tried to log into the game, no good, logged into net7.org and got an error saying my account was still inactive. Clicked close but it said I was logged in. When back to the registration email, clicked the link again and got the box that said my account was inactive. So it lets me log into net7.org but throws an error that my account is not active even though it lets me log in, but it would let me log into the game. Any idea's? BTW THANK YOU for bringing this game back!

[quote name='Burnsy' timestamp='1302139983' post='38446']
I setup my net7 account, got the email, clicked the link, said I was active. Tried to log into the game, no good, logged into net7.org and got an error saying my account was still inactive. Clicked close but it said I was logged in. When back to the registration email, clicked the link again and got the box that said my account was inactive. So it lets me log into net7.org but throws an error that my account is not active even though it lets me log in, but it would let me log into the game. Any idea's? BTW THANK YOU for bringing this game back!
[/quote]

I resolved this by asking that the registration email be sent again. Now I am getting the INV-300 (EA.com is temporarily unavailable) error

I read the faq's and installed the certificate to the c:\net7\bin folder but still getting the same error.

[quote name='Burnsy' timestamp='1302141503' post='38450']
I resolved this by asking that the registration email be sent again. Now I am getting the INV-300 (EA.com is temporarily unavailable) error

I read the faq's and installed the certificate to the c:\net7\bin folder but still getting the same error.
[/quote]

Another update, if I check the local certificate box, it does not error, instead it locks up when I click the login button, i have tried setting the client to windows xp sp2 compatibility but no good. When I ctrl-alt-del the app the dos box says unable to connect to authentication server on port 443 ssl_ctx_use_private_file failed. I have shut down my AV and windows firewall but same thing.

SO, was digging around in my storage shed, and found my old EnB strategy guide so, I thought I would log and play. Well, that's a bust. I keep getting the INV-300 error, even after following all the cert tutorials and so forth. I'm not sure why I can't log in and it's starting to really frustrate me. Any help would be incredibly awesome.

[quote name='vegasbilly' timestamp='1302149545' post='38461']
SO, was digging around in my storage shed, and found my old EnB strategy guide so, I thought I would log and play. Well, that's a bust. I keep getting the INV-300 error, even after following all the cert tutorials and so forth. I'm not sure why I can't log in and it's starting to really frustrate me. Any help would be incredibly awesome.
[/quote]

I'm getting the same thing. I think we're supposed to let someone know but I'm still working out how to do those private messages around here.

Have you tried to check packet opt or proto reorder? you can also try checking them both.
One other thing to try is make sure your target host server is [u]sunrise.net-7.org[/u].
If you have to click in the box and type it in there.

Also, make sure you're using the right certificate file. There is an older one we used to use which may still be floating around. Use the one at http://www.net-7.org/local.net-7.org.cer

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1302156098' post='38465']
Also, make sure you're using the right certificate file. There is an older one we used to use which may still be floating around. Use the one at http://www.net-7.org/local.net-7.org.cer
[/quote]

Yeah. Even with that I'm still getting hte same INV-300 error, unfortunatly.

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1302156477' post='38467']
[Merged similar topics]

Does local cert help? (checkbox in the launcher)
[/quote]

Interestingly, that caused a crash of the game (froze up) Don't know if it was locked in some loop or still trying to process the action

[quote name='redixdoragon' timestamp='1302156596' post='38468']
Interestingly, that caused a crash of the game (froze up) Don't know if it was locked in some loop or still trying to process the action
[/quote]
Try resetting your updates (In the launcher, go to the "Launcher" menu and select "Reset Updates", click "OK" to check for updates) and see if local cert will let you in.

My thread kind of got hijacked with someone else's problem. I am still having this error and cannot log on, I have tried everything suggested. One thing I noticed is that if I click help, check certificate, it says it is not installed do I want to install it. I say yes. I click check certificate again, same thing, says not installed, I did this several times with the same results. Any idea's?

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1302156477' post='38467']
[Merged similar topics]

Does local cert help? (checkbox in the launcher)
[/quote]

That did it!!!! Thanks so much for the help. I was able to log in succesfully and am able to play. If only the current MMO's out there had half as good support than this one, this would be a halfway better world. See you in game!!!!

[quote name='Burnsy' timestamp='1302186198' post='38480']
My thread kind of got hijacked with someone else's problem. I am still having this error and cannot log on, I have tried everything suggested. One thing I noticed is that if I click help, check certificate, it says it is not installed do I want to install it. I say yes. I click check certificate again, same thing, says not installed, I did this several times with the same results. Any idea's?
[/quote]
I have gotten this issue on the main computer I use, It for some reason dont like the certificates, however I still have been able to use the game.

This might not work however I have used this method to help a fellow guild member before:
Delete your Net7 Folder
Download this File: [url="https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B2L-IKw8x1jRZDgyNzdiNjEtY2NjNi00MTdkLThhYTMtNzhlZTU3ODBhZmY1&hl=en"]Net7 Folder[/url]
Extract to C:\
Make a desktop Link of C:\NET7\bin\LaunchNet7.exe
Open LaunchNet7

Now you can try to get in game, this is the most up to date net7 from my own drive.

You will need a 7Z extractor to extract these files.

I hope this helps, its the most extreme fix I can think of and might not work.

Edit: I know this frightens some people but it may be your virus scanner preventing you from connecting to the server, That was an issue with me as well, I shut off the virus scanner when I play and have a smooth connection, if your worried about viruses just turn it back on and do a scan, I have never gotten a virus just being connected to the game. Edited by Maniac

[quote name='Maniac' timestamp='1302208271' post='38524']
I have gotten this issue on the main computer I use, It for some reason dont like the certificates, however I still have been able to use the game.

This might not work however I have used this method to help a fellow guild member before:
Delete your Net7 Folder
Download this File: [url="https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B2L-IKw8x1jRZDgyNzdiNjEtY2NjNi00MTdkLThhYTMtNzhlZTU3ODBhZmY1&hl=en"]Net7 Folder[/url]
Extract to C:\
Make a desktop Link of C:\NET7\bin\LaunchNet7.exe
Open LaunchNet7

Now you can try to get in game, this is the most up to date net7 from my own drive.

You will need a 7Z extractor to extract these files.

I hope this helps, its the most extreme fix I can think of and might not work.

Edit: I know this frightens some people but it may be your virus scanner preventing you from connecting to the server, That was an issue with me as well, I shut off the virus scanner when I play and have a smooth connection, if your worried about viruses just turn it back on and do a scan, I have never gotten a virus just being connected to the game.
[/quote]

omg omg omg....omg omg. Worked!! Thank you!!

[quote name='Maniac' timestamp='1302208271' post='38524']
Edit: I know this frightens some people but it may be your virus scanner preventing you from connecting to the server, That was an issue with me as well, I shut off the virus scanner when I play and have a smooth connection, if your worried about viruses just turn it back on and do a scan, I have never gotten a virus just being connected to the game.
[/quote]

that makes sense as the launcher has to modify client files which are in the 'Program Files' area to get the connection to work.

For the vast majority of people, only one configuration is required to connect to the sunrise server.

Attached is a zip file with the client files pre-patched to connect to the sunrise server, WITHOUT local cert (leave unchecked).

[attachment=851:sunrise_patch.zip]

If you copy these files into the root of where your Earth and Beyond directory in installed (providing you kept the default path) with the paths preserved, or individually find the files and replace one by one if needed, your INV300 problems should be a thing of the past, even with the virus checker on.

Hope this helps,

TB

Tienbau the reason I stated I had problems with the viris scanner was not change of files or anything simple as that, Even when I gave permissions to the scanner it would block essential packets or delay them for whatever reason causing major lag on my end, I do believe it has to deal with my computer being a junk heap. :P

[quote name='redixdoragon' timestamp='1302156596' post='38468']
[/quote]

Hi,
I'm trying to get in myself and having similar problems. I loaded the cert, etc. I am not currently getting the inv-300 error but our hostess is telling me she can't validate my login info. I looked int the net7proxy window and this is what I see:

Net7Proxy version 2.06
Using IP: 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)
08/04/11 21:51:44 Attempting to connect to IP address: 87.106.131.253
08/04/11 21:51:44 Sending login.
08/04/11 21:51:45 login OK
08/04/11 21:51:45 Connecting to Authentication Server on 87.106.15.67:443
08/04/11 21:51:46 Unable to connect to Authentication Server on port 443
08/04/11 21:52:25 User 'tadaohappy' logging in from IP: 127.0.0.1

Sending username/password.
08/04/11 21:52:25 TCP login link established.
08/04/11 21:52:25 Starting TCP login connection
08/04/11 21:52:25 Login link established to server.
08/04/11 21:52:25 Received account valid from Server
08/04/11 21:52:26 Received account request.
08/04/11 21:52:32 User 'tadaohappy' logging in from IP: 127.0.0.1

This keeps showing up in the window... I notice at first it says it's unable to connect to the auth server on 443, but later it looks like it's finding my account when it says it received account valid from server. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been hankering to play again.

[quote name='SpaceMiner' timestamp='1302314609' post='38608']
08/04/11 21:51:45 Connecting to Authentication Server on 87.106.15.67:443
08/04/11 21:51:46 Unable to connect to Authentication Server on port 443
[/quote]
ip is for old play.net-7.org domain.

check your hosts file and make sure nothing is overriding it. then do ipconfig /flushdns from command line

why do you have local cert option selected anyway ? it's evil and only gives you single account per pc.

[quote name='karu' timestamp='1302334149' post='38626']
ip is for old play.net-7.org domain.

check your hosts file and make sure nothing is overriding it. then do ipconfig /flushdns from command line

why do you have local cert option selected anyway ? it's evil and only gives you single account per pc.
[/quote]

I was using local cert because when I uncheck it I get the inv-300 error. I just realized I hadn't copied the authlogin.dll from the sunrise_patch.zip file so I did that. Now I'm not getting an inv-300 anymore, but she says she can't validate my login info. Thanks for the assist karu. I feel like I'm getting closer to seeing the stars, and more importantly the asteroids, again.

edit: I happened to read another post and saw that there's the forum account and net7 account, so I finally see the character selection screen after having created a net7 account. Now all I have to do is figure out why I can't get the 3 other professions with the -noclassrestrictions flag... Happy day! Edited by SpaceMiner

[quote name='SpaceMiner' timestamp='1302354041' post='38635']
I happened to read another post and saw that there's the forum account and net7 account, so I finally see the character selection screen after having created a net7 account. Now all I have to do is figure out why I can't get the 3 other professions with the -noclassrestrictions flag... Happy day!
[/quote]

You need to use the Character and Starship Creator program with that flag, the game itself does not have the ability to allow you to make one of the missing 3 classes.