Tool Development

I'm designing a tool for builders and players to be used in conjunction with E&B.

I need the database to troubleshoot and debug the program. I do not want access to the live database, but I recall that the DB was available for d/l back when single user mode was available. The links are gone with the old forums, but I was thinking that maybe I could get a link that d/l's a near current schema to use for debugging my code. :)

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Elo, Elojs, Elojd, Elotrader (Elott)

• 2 weeks later...

Are there instructions on how to convert/attach the database locally? Will it work without modification in the free version of SQL Server 2008, MS Access or OpenOffice Base?

The database is MySQL format, im sure there are convertors out there, but i recommend you run it on MySQL as this will make updating the database easier in the future...

The database is MySQL format, im sure there are convertors out there, but i recommend you run it on MySQL as this will make updating the database easier in the future...

Are you folks running MySQL on Windows or Linux? I've installed the newest listed files from the above the link, but the tools as posted don't work with them. Some of the time it's an issue of varying case with accessing the databases (net7 vs Net7). And sometimes it's missing tables from the MySQL dump. Using the Tools Updater does update the tools, but that seems to just desync the tools further away from the database dumps.

Windows :)

But u can get get ditros for both.

Yeah... I was being lazy so I used a virtual image that had MySQL and tools already installed. Unfortunately, all Linux MySQL installs are defaulted to being case-sensitive which messes up the tools. I'll try it again with redundant databases and see how it works out. Regardless tho, the latest database dump that's publicly available is from Aug 25, 2009. Is this in sync with whatever the Tools Updater is doing?

OK, I installed MySQL and the GUI tool.

However, when I try and create an instance using localhost it says,

"ERROR: Test Error: File %ProgramFiles%\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\my.ini doesn't exist

Operation failed: File %ProgramFiles%\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\my.ini doesn't exist"

When I plug the same path into a command prompt it opens the INI file in my text editor, so the file is definitely there.

Anyone else have this problem?

OK, I managed to work around this by using the 'Manage Server Instances' wizard instead of 'New Server Instance'.

I also could not us the 'Import From Disk' dialog of the 'Data Dump' page. Instead, I had to create the net7 database manually, and then type the following at the top of the dump file:

use `net7`;

Then I opened the dump file in a query window and executed it. Seems to be working OK now. All the tables show up at least.

I can't figure out however how to tell when a foreign key exists and what primary key it references. The column names are not much of a help. It's also not obvious which columns are the primary keys. Normally I would expect the first column, but several tables have repeating values in the first column. (I'm looking at the harvestable ore tables.)

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.

I'm looking at the 'sectors' table. According to the table definition the data type is TEXT, but when querying the result is BLOB. The same is true for the 'greetings' and 'notes' columns. The 'sector_ip_addr' column is defined as BIGINT but is also returned as BLOB in queries. Anyone know how to fix this?

[edit]

Changing the column data type to VARCHAR seems to fix the display issues.