Resolution

I noticed that, while I set my EBCONFIG to run at my laptop's highest resolution, the game still seems to remain at the default setting (1024x760?). Not crucial, but some better visuals would be nice.

PS. Is there PVP in yet? I'm new and just need a quick answer.

Edited by Confused Octopus

no PVP yet, and be careful to preserve the aspect ratio if you have a widescreen style laptop, 4:3 aspects work best, otherwise the planets look like watermelons and all the players look short and squat in the stations.

On Vista and win7+ it's best to install the game in c:\apps rather than in c:\program files, and make sure E&B config, Net7Proxy and the launcher are run as administrator and also in windows XP mode.

Check the 'Ready to Play?' tab in the top right of the site for help.

make sure E&B config, Net7Proxy and the launcher are run as administrator and also in windows XP mode.

This is usually the solution. Also, make sure you run the "Performance Test" before closing the Config tool.

I'm running 1280x960 resolution and it looks like perfect proportions - circles are round, text is sharp and clear. So anything proportional to that resolution should work fine.

Also, I can't imagine a reasonably modern laptop that couldn't run EnB at max graphics. So after running E&B Config and setting the resolution, you should be able to go into Options/Graphics in game and jack everything up to max eyecandy (except for Gamma, for the love of GOD leave that alone - it changes my entire screen's gamma, not just the game's lol).