Buff, use friendly skills and change items while warping

I could see changing weapons and (non-engine-related) devices, but I don't think you would want to change out engines, as you mentioned, nor your reactor or shield. I also think friendly skills should be usable, but maybe at an energy penalty. It sure would be nice to be able to buff in warp on your way to a spawn point.

back in live, the penalty was the reactor does not recharge. but thats already in game.

Could you use that stuff in warp back in the day? I don't remember anymore.

I know you could switch devices and weapons in live, pretty sure you could switch reactor and shield too (though if you switch reactor while freewarping, warp would stop). I think you could use at least some skills in warp too, like environment shield.

letting you change equipment and use skills in warp would not be game breaking as long as we fix that bug that allowed players to switch equipment and have infinite reactor or recharge their reactor while warping. It would sure make it more interesting if you could do something while warping.

this change would make gearing and buffing in enb much more convenient and with very little downside.

we should probably make fold space interrupt warp though. I don't think combat skills (besides shield recharge and hull patch) should be usable in warp but usually their range is so limited it doesn't matter.

• Upvote 1

a side note:

if i hit recharge skill on someone that is near me (dependent on skill range), and that player warps way (during the cast), they still get hit with it, even if 10k away from me.

it probably happens with any skill, like hull patch, shield charging, env shield, psi shield, etc.

that needs a fix. it can only travel to the range allowed by the skill, so it should check range at initialization and at finalization of the cast.

Edited by LPCA

I know you could switch devices and weapons in live, pretty sure you could switch reactor and shield too (though if you switch reactor while freewarping, warp would stop). I think you could use at least some skills in warp too, like environment shield.

letting you change equipment and use skills in warp would not be game breaking as long as we fix that bug that allowed players to switch equipment and have infinite reactor or recharge their reactor while warping. It would sure make it more interesting if you could do something while warping.

this change would make gearing and buffing in enb much more convenient and with very little downside.

we should probably make fold space interrupt warp though. I don't think combat skills (besides shield recharge and hull patch) should be usable in warp but usually their range is so limited it doesn't matter.

In addition to interrupting warp, Fold Space and Summon also need to break formation for the target, except for Summon Group and Area Teleport, which should maintain formation. Currently formations override the effects of Fold Space and Summon, providing complete protection from the skills.

All skills, except the first 3 levels of cloak, could be used in warp in Live. However, the following may need fixing before some of the combat skills(Summon) are allowed in warp:

a side note:

if i hit recharge skill on someone that is near me (dependent on skill range), and that player warps way (during the cast), they still get hit with it, even if 10k away from me.

it probably happens with any skill, like hull patch, shield charging, env shield, psi shield, etc.

that needs a fix. it can only travel to the range allowed by the skill, so it should check range at initialization and at finalization of the cast.

It happens with every skill except Shield Sap and Shield Leech, which do check range on both initialization and finalization. I would however prefer it not be changed, if it's going to be changed, until the bugs surrounding player/mob location are fixed, especially the ones involving formations. Also, some offensive skills should have a longer range check at finalization than at initialization, to prevent them from being easily escaped unless you were to warp away.