Can't login to my TE anymore in training area

Hi all,

I started a TE last night and got him to lvl 14. I was working on the first hull upgrade mission returning to Luna station after killing 5 Scuttle Nymphs. I went to dock at Luna Station, and my client crashed. I can't do anything to log back into him now. The client goes to the map loading screen, then just crashes. I can log into my other characters just fine. It has to be the mission that is bugged, because I had the same issue with a TE I created and deleted, because I couldn't log into him at this same step.

Is the TE mission bugged or is this a known issue? Does anyone know of a workaround / fix?

This smacks of client corruption, I've never had it happen nor have I heard anyone else say it before. Try removing the client and launcher completely and re-installing then see if you can log in.

I managed to log in. It was still kicking me out after a reinstall. So I checked the "Packet Optimization" box on the Net7 Launcher and it worked.

It seems that Net7Proxy was resetting the connection when using TCP. This would happen anytime it would send GalaxyMap.dat. Two TCP sockets would be reset and the game would crash. Now that the "Packet Optimization" seems to be using UDP, everything seems fine.

Strange.

I managed to log in. It was still kicking me out after a reinstall. So I checked the "Packet Optimization" box on the Net7 Launcher and it worked.

It seems that Net7Proxy was resetting the connection when using TCP. This would happen anytime it would send GalaxyMap.dat. Two TCP sockets would be reset and the game would crash. Now that the "Packet Optimization" seems to be using UDP, everything seems fine.

Strange.

Packet optimization only changes the packet size net7proxy uses to communicate with the server. The default is 512 bytes but optimization changes this to 1412 bytes.

TCP is used for the Proxy->client connection and also for the authorization link from client to server. UDP is used for the Proxy->server link.