New Fish Bowl

Can we get the old fish bowl back or get the raid one needing a feather like in live this new one sucks. gotta wait for booney and only get 1 chance and have to wait again. Whoever put this in need to rethink it. Lets make the game better not worse. Let not be EA all over again.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

O.o

It may "Suck" or "Favorite Word Here" but I think ya could have thought out your "complaint" in a nicer way. Im not being rude but If I was a Dev and I saw this I probably would take offense to the way you worded it.

I would have said something like:

"Hey guys your version of the Fishbowl has a few problems that I think you need to address.

Here is a List of what might work better:"

1."Your Idea"

2."Your Idea"

Sorry Im tired and I think people can word things a tad better to people that are working so hard at bringing back our beloved game. You may be right and their idea might not work but being rude about it just is not nice.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Ok we all get that the current FB is sort of a test run for raids? atleast thats how I saw it. The scripted spawns etc are a great thing to see; its going to need improving and tweaking but I like it this way.

Other than the starting part, that is. But I assume[with no basis but guessing hehe] that having the FB start connected to a mission is in the works- that should make things much more controlled and prevent failed raid-mess for others to clean up.

Im sorry let me rephrase for you.

Can we please change it to make it better for everyone since its very hard to get enjoyment for everyone with the new setup?

no, well thanxs that worked real well Seru

sucks worked better for me but if u feel the need to be polite about it on behalf of the tired chat cop but not so tired that he wrote half a page of baloney

who am i to judge

I remember when they did the raids, have to get that feather, was cool. But alot of people want to goto fishbowl and its just not there for hardly anyone. Lucky they got Mordana in the game or wouldnt me much high end content to keep people interested.

Its not that I think they are doing a bad job, but make some questionable decisions that might push people away from the game, as they dont want that from their previous statements. The game is nothing if we dont have people to play.

"Shrug"

Im not just pointing out you.

Im pointing out everyone thats rude to the Dev's.

Seriously I see this all the time, people expect it to be this way, or that way, but to be honest do you think they get paid a dime to do this?

No.

So why be rude to them? Ive never understood the 10 year old syndrom of I want this and I want it now. Common take a chill pill and enjoy what you have now. They dont get paid and they are still working on this game.

Do you know Coding?

Do you contribute countless hours working on this project?

Common,use common sense and be nice not rude. Rephrase your words and give some thought to what you would like to see happen.

Maybe one of your ideas will be put into the game.

Edited by Maniac
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"Shrug"

So why be rude to them? Ive never understood the 10 year old syndrom of I want this and I want it now. Common take a chill pill and enjoy what you have now. They dont get paid and they are still working on this game.

Common,use common sense and be nice not rude. Rephrase your words and give some thought to what you would like to see happen.

Maybe one of your ideas will be put into the game.

Now who's being Rude?

Can we stop with the flames plz?

Discuss how you want it to be.

The raid pre-december patch wasn't really a raid-- is that how we really want our biggest game raid to be? doable with a half group? Probably not so what are some ideas?

Edited by irrelevant

Now who's being Rude?

So my last comment was rude? How was it rude?

Explain.

All I was doing is pointing out that people need to be nicer in the way they phrase their complaints. Seriously If you were a DEV would you like people complaining all the time or giving their Ideas on how to make it better?

I choose Ideas.

• Downvote 1

If you want a dev to pay attention, provide ideas. It sucks kthxbye isn't going to get much of a response from anyone because it's not worth reading.

• Upvote 4

I actually think its deeper than just getting skills working. You remember the server problems we had last week or so? I think that all their effort is going into server stability and finding out what works and what does not for the server.

Just remember this is essentially a test server and is not exactly live yet. Give them time and they will bring out the game better than anything EA ever did.

I do however apologize to you for singling out just you and attempted to reword it in my second comment. Just give them time and have patience. I know ya want a finished game and everything but remember they are not getting paid to do this.

Just keep throwing out Ideas, They will get to them eventually and they do read everything.

They pay attention?

Don't know how long Ive asked about skills not working right.

Sap, group cloak, shared scan etc.....

no responses after many many months, where did that get me?

I know, you're right. We need to handle each person's issues individually. We'll get right on it, the game should be finished in about 20 years. ;)

WHy don't you try working through the advocate, now that he is there, it will certainly help get your issues noticed a little faster. I'm sure you've heard the old adage "you get more flies with honey than with vinegar." well, that's the way it is.

Frankly, what it boils down to is this, we can't instantly resolve all issues and our lists cover things that are from months before your months old issues (which is to say some of our lists have things stretching back up to a year), also some issues are more important than others and outrank some other issues. The balance of skills is fairly low priority overall, even though its so noticeable for you.

We're not going to hop to every time someone identifies an issue because we have infrastructure to lay to make other things work. We're getting there, but expecting that sort of behavior is a little much seeing as we're donating as much free time as we have to do this stuff. Personally for example, I spend almost ALL of my free time working on things for this project, but not everyone can do that.

Think what you will, we'll do what we can. If you don't like it, then you don't. There's nothing more to it than that. I'm sorry you don't like it, but your issues are on the list, they're just not holding the same level of priority they do in your mind.

Kyp

• Upvote 2

If you want a dev to pay attention, provide ideas. It sucks kthxbye isn't going to get much of a response from anyone because it's not worth reading.

Ideas, ok we can do that, here's mine.

Go to job terminal and pick your raid, pay a fee lets say 10 mill and get a mission to collect a few items.

Bring items to NPC John Dow and get a key.

Get your group together and go to lets say Tada o gate.

With key installed your group/groups u chose with /command or targeting the other group leader u get wh inside the FB

having the key u get loot rights and lets say an hour to do your thing then everybody gets wh out again.

now the job terminal offers the job to another player.......

can it be done?

Could it? Yes, downside is to prevent end-game items from becoming FAR too common, we'll have to find ways to control the credits so that they are at least moderately difficult to come by. There's always a check and balance to consider.

• Upvote 1

Ideas, ok we can do that, here's mine.

Go to job terminal and pick your raid, pay a fee lets say 10 mill and get a mission to collect a few items.

Bring items to NPC John Dow and get a key.

Get your group together and go to lets say Tada o gate.

With key installed your group/groups u chose with /command or targeting the other group leader u get wh inside the FB

having the key u get loot rights and lets say an hour to do your thing then everybody gets wh out again.

now the job terminal offers the job to another player.......

can it be done?

I actually love this idea, but one problem I see with it.

Drops.

If anyone can just go up to a "Raid" Terminal then whats to say the Loot they drop wont become common.

I would add in a code that makes it say 5% that you would get the uber loot. The 5% might even be too much especially if everyone can make this Boss spawn with price.

Drops obviously would be a given but as far as the major loot it has to become extremely rare.

The Idea has merit.

Could it? Yes, downside is to prevent end-game items from becoming FAR too common, we'll have to find ways to control the credits so that they are at least moderately difficult to come by. There's always a check and balance to consider.

yea make it as expensive and complicated to get the key as needed not to flood the server but this way it would stop the bickering and guild fights of ksing we had the other night and finally put an end to camping

I wouldn't mind having raid keys, but it shouldnt be that easy to get lol. a nice quest that takes 6+ hours of gametime, or something that players have to figure out themselves (this is what made E&B, well E&B to me. like Vrix messages, OCD Raid, and such).

Thats why i suggested practically every item in the game could drop from hulks. They dont drop all the time very rarely but one day you get a lvl 8 mono next day an ego or hellbore. Wouldnt flood the market since an ego matrix might spawn once a week, but instead flood market with items like black force 9 over and over. I make a suggestion and dont evan get a response not evan "Nice thought ill think about it".

Most games fail becusue people do the wrong things to turn people off to the games, they don't think whats best its just I think this is right im doing it.

Has anyone noticed the populations has gone down in the last 6 months. Whats that tell ya?

Actually, no, I've watched traffic to the site actually increase considerably, yes there's not as many playing every night but they're coming to look at the site. At least so our analytics package for the site tells us.

Yes, some people have gone away and some have come in. We have plenty of folks who are happy with the game, assuming that everyone shares your opinion(s) is foolhardy at best. :)

Take it for what you will, it's not like we're not trying to do things, but unless you want to commit code yourself, you'll have to wait until we can get it done. We can't make this our full time jobs because the money is not there to support us for doing so, so the playerbase will have to take what it can get until we can get it done.

*edit*

Also the server's up again now, good night and I'll look at this tomorrow.

Edited by Kyp
  • Upvote 1

Most games fail becusue people do the wrong things to turn people off to the games, they don't think whats best its just I think this is right im doing it.

Has anyone noticed the populations has gone down in the last 6 months. Whats that tell ya?

/agree

I'm surprised I haven't been banned yet with my outbreaks, a few times I let my frustration get the best of me :)