I am a Kill Stealer, am I?

Ok thats happens yesterday, i am on way to VG with my PW to try my luck on Titans for a MH, but on way i think hey lets take a look for Kuei Station. I reach spawn point and i cant belive, Station are spawned and no1 or grp are here. Okay so i log in my TS on sec comp and bring it from QAR out here, my PW stand 6k away from Station, i think it takes 5 min to bring my TS and do buffing both, i see no debuffs or hits on Station, then i start fire. The Station shield was down 15% i think as i see other debuffs but i dont see any other player, it was laggy so i think maybe delay time from my buffs, iam not so conzentrated on that bec i was realy busy to keep my PW alive with Hull Patch.

So i kill the Station and got the kill, now i saw in Local Chat WTH, Madline take it, ok now i know the debuffs was no delay or somthing, i loot the Station wreck and got a HB. I say in Local Chat, sry but i dont see u, i fly to him/her open trade window and will give him/her the HB. He/She close trade without taking it, and say in Local Chat , "I was on it at first" AND THATS NOT TRUE.

If it takes me more then 5min to bring my TS out here and i see all time the Station in front of my PW and no debuffs, no hittings and no damage on shield then NO ONE IS ON IT.

I dont like such situations but somtimes it can be happens and when it happens and i will give away the ueber loot so where is the problem? but dont BRAND my as Kill Stealer, iam a man of Honor and so was may way to play this game.

I will clear this bec it was a member of a big guild and i dont like if in this guild my name will go the round as Kill Stealer.

I will also speak about with 1 of the guild leaders as soon as posible.

As I can't see the other side and wasn't there, all I can say is, by your actions and willingness to give over the loot, you're far from being a kill stealer.

It seems you're victim of the credit kill mechanics bug. If you're two-boxing as a PW/TS duo, there's not really anyway you could outdps a full group unless there was something wrong with the mechanics. The best way to resolve this is for the other group to post here constructively with their group composition and exactly who was actually doing dps out of that group. Then we can discover whether or not a bug exists and if it can be recreated.

Madline, in no way will any member of Builders Inc openly call you a Killstealer.

I was at the event and saw it from the other side. When we engaged, I didn't see any damage on the station, granted though that I was more concentrated on healing (I was on my TT Mudshark). You simply outdamaged our warrior and you got the kill.

Competition is NOT killstealing!

Please consider the initial reaction of my guildie as a sign of frustration, as he didn't get the kill he thought to be 100% certain to get.

I interfered immideatly and asked him to let it go. And I hereby apologise for any bad feeling it might have caused.

The reason he refused your offer - I myself consider it a generous gesture - of a 99% Hellbore (so my guildie told me) is that he actually was there to replace his 100% HB with a higher quality.

Should any member of Builders Inc give you a hard time because of this incident, please let me or Magoo know, we'll talk to the persons.

Greggary

EDITH:

@Fuulish

to my knowledge, only the TE in our group was doing damage. I don't think the JE went in. I was only healing with my TT.

On the other hand, as far as I know a single player CAN get the credit for a kill against a group, if he does more damage than any individual player in that group. As if the group credit system simply doesn't work.

Edited by Shuzun
  • Upvote 1

@Fuulish

to my knowledge, only the TE in our group was doing damage. I don't think the JE went in. I was only healing with my TT.

On the other hand, as far as I know a single player CAN get the credit for a kill against a group, if he does more damage than any individual player in that group. As if the group credit system simply doesn't work.

Thank you Shuzun, that's a really concise expression of the mechanics bug relating to kill credit.

Thx Shuzun for this post and that u see live the other side. For your guild member, now i understand that fustration in this moment and the reaction of the trade offer. So i will never think about.

@Fuulish, the only thing whats confusing me was: i start hitting at 6k away, go closer to 2,4k for shield sap, but after kill the wreck was 14k away.

Madline, the corpse spawning farther away is an odd behavior. Basically what's happening is, the mob has a center point. It's also got a "size" that comes away from that center point. That makes a mob actually larger in size (weird, but true). So while you're firing at one edge of the mob's zone, it's center point is elsewhere and that's where the corpse will spawn.

In an extreme case where combatants have low scan and are on opposite sides of a large mob, they won't see each other at all, but they might see damage ticks from the other side.

You can see this occur when fighting particularly large Ten-Gu in the FB. You'll often need to thrust towards the corpse to loot as the corpse spawns just outside your weapons range.

High end bosses like that is open to whoever gets the loot rights imo. My only problem is how those loot rights are obtained. The method i think is kinda messed up i shot keui station five times and it was awarded to me while builders did 99% of the job. I should not have been awarded the loot. Of course i turned the corpse over to them knowing it was a glitch in the system. Overall its not kill stealing on high end loot dropping mobs its like what others have been saying its competition. But if im out competing for your minion spawns i believe that to be ks'ing.

lol I think all pws have at one time or another ks by accident someone else's mob. I have tail gated a pw and he didn't even know i was behind him watching him shoot another mob. So that is game mechanics, however I think kuei station is well glitch at a camera angle. On my TE I had 7k scan range which I couldn't see my weapons or debuffs on the station it self, because like it's mass radius probably confuses our camera angle settings. That is until i can move back 3 clicks.

I can't see nothing but my fleet m8s, its a glitch i say. B) It rarely happens in the FB with "arzeneal the master" and others. The closet explanation of this happening is getting dmged to hull where it affects your normal scan range but yet I haven't been dmg into hull so it goes in and out depend on your distance when you encounter it. Poly collision w/e the entity don't show up on view when it approaches you. sometimes It made me think Kuie Station had built in cloak ability as a weapon. :lol: