Error starting Net7Proxy.exe on new Windows XP build

so I am trying to get EnB running on a new XP build.

first thing i ran into was that NET7 launcher required .net framework 2.

now i have the client and Net7 all updated but when I click play it begins to launch the net7proxy.exe and i recieve a message...

"Net7Proxy.exe - Application Error : The aplication failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). click ok to terminate the application"

Not sure what other requirements I might be missing.

anyone got an Idea?

Now it is loading the Net7Proxy, in the command window it gets to "Launch E&B Successful", a window pops up and asks for rules of conduct agreement, I select Agree, the window goes away and nothing further comes up.

after a few minutes the net7proxy window closes as well...

anyone experience this?

Now it is loading the Net7Proxy, in the command window it gets to "Launch E&B Successful", a window pops up and asks for rules of conduct agreement, I select Agree, the window goes away and nothing further comes up.

after a few minutes the net7proxy window closes as well...

anyone experience this?

I did... after some trial and error i found out that uninstalling the framework from M$, dotnetfx, and reinstalling the dotnetfx 3.5 worked on all my xp machines.

hope that helps

I Like You... finally someone who takes responsibility for the fact that it is most likely them and not the devs fault that enb wont run... I am also very happy that you were able to resolve the issue... gratz... if we had ingame mail, I would mail you a hug (and some duct tape... cuz everyone can always find a use for duct tape)

Huh ? :unsure:

It was me pointing out the VCDistri-Solution to the c0150002-Error in the other thread and i got no hug...

I will report this blatant injustice to a GM and ask him to paint your ship yellow with purple dots on it, naming it "the swineflu" :):lol:

LOL,

well in my case I see the net7Proxy.exe launch ENB and then ENB crashes to desktop with no message.

I think its an issue with Direct3D not beeing able to run and ENB just doesn't handle this well (doesn't display any appropriate message when it crashes to desktop)

So the result of my expiriment...

Question, can i run multiple ENB clients on one computer via Virtual PC's

Answer, Not with Windows VPC (no direct3d) perhaps with VMWARE (expirimental direct3d support), but i havent tried it yet.

LOL,

well in my case I see the net7Proxy.exe launch ENB and then ENB crashes to desktop with no message.

I think its an issue with Direct3D not beeing able to run and ENB just doesn't handle this well (doesn't display any appropriate message when it crashes to desktop)

Rightclick "My Computer", choose Eventlog, System and see what in there right after the crash.

Most times, this will help very much to determine the cause of a CTD.

So the result of my expiriment...

Question, can i run multiple ENB clients on one computer via Virtual PC's

Answer, Not with Windows VPC (no direct3d) perhaps with VMWARE (expirimental direct3d support), but i havent tried it yet.

VMWare:

Workstation 6.5 has experimental Dx8 support, but workstation isnt free.

(You can also enable it in Vmware-Player, its hidden. You can Google the How-To)

VirtualBox (Sun):

Also DirectX Support and free.

Advise:

Running 2 EnB Clients from VMs will slow down the overall performance (also the host) cuz the clients are using the physical gfx card, emulating an isolated software gfx with an DX layer.

The performance will be shitty !

Running EnB in ONE VM will be ok (20~ish fps).

Since EnB is older, grap yourself an old computer with a small DX8 card and 2 GHz CPU, this will do the job.

MULTIBOXING FOR THE WIN ! :D

I had 4 toons similar running on live....this will train your personal multitasking skills :P