Correcting Skills

Uh huh, I don't wish to be rude, but this doesn't help identify what you're having a problem with, it's just a nondescript complaint of something being wrong with the JE. Can you provide something a little more in-depth?

The Fold Space skill (Teleport enemy), on all 3 Jenquai classes doesn't work properly. Teleport Enemy doesn't have the apropriate range, should be 5.5K @L3 but is less than 1.0K. (JW/JE/JT should be able to teleport an enemy that's 5.5K away) Teleport Enemy no longer useful for separating mobs, or fold kiting, due to this, and due the the mob being teleported in a random direction, rather than the direction the player is facing. Teleport Enemy should be a long range skill, but it's working as an extremely short range skill, I can Shield Leech from greater range than I can Teleport Enemy, should be the other way around (Shield Leech's range is right, Fold Enemy is wrong).

Below is a screenshot from Live of me using the skill at a greater range than it currently works, there isn't an out of range message. Note the green crosshairs over the skill icon showing that the Voltoi was within the skill's range. (The beam firing from my center mount is the Gaze of Amah the other 2 slots have the EoD which had the same refire rate but slightly shorter range)

Cloak is interrupted at a much higher rate than it was in Live. Pretty much any hit you take while cloaking/cloaked interrupts, while it should be interruptable, it shouldn't be that easy. Makes Cloak-Fire-Cloak tactics nearly impossible. Very few mobs should be able to see cloaked, said mobs must have the Scan skill to be able to see cloaked (V'rix, 2nd wave and beyond bosses in fishbowl, mobs in the storm zones on Grissom Planet are a few examples of the mobs that could see cloaked). There are also some graphic issues with Cloak, for example with Group Stealth, if you initiate it while stationary, and engage warp, the graphic turns off while you're warping and turns back on after you stop warping (should show until you turn it off). There is also an issue with the Cloak (buff icon), where sometimes it's on when cloaking is off. (I put a thread in Dev Support under skills about it)

post-121-027075900 1279987988_thumb.jpg

post-121-027075900 1279987988_thumb.jpg

Edited by Terrell

The Fold Space skill (Teleport enemy), on all 3 Jenquai classes doesn't work properly. Teleport Enemy doesn't have the apropriate range, should be 5.5K @L3 but is less than 1.0K. (JW/JE/JT should be able to teleport an enemy that's 5.5K away) Teleport Enemy no longer useful for separating mobs, or fold kiting, due to this, and due the the mob being teleported in a random direction, rather than the direction the player is facing. Teleport Enemy should be a long range skill, but it's working as an extremely short range skill, I can Shield Leech from greater range than I can Teleport Enemy, should be the other way around (Shield Leech's range is right, Fold Enemy is wrong).

Below is a screenshot from Live of me using the skill at a greater range than it currently works, there isn't an out of range message. Note the green crosshairs over the skill icon showing that the Voltoi was within the skill's range. (The beam firing from my center mount is the Gaze of Amah the other 2 slots have the EoD which had the same refire rate but slightly shorter range)

Cloak is interrupted at a much higher rate than it was in Live. Pretty much any hit you take while cloaking/cloaked interrupts, while it should be interruptable, it shouldn't be that easy. Makes Cloak-Fire-Cloak tactics nearly impossible. Very few mobs should be able to see cloaked, said mobs must have the Scan skill to be able to see cloaked (V'rix, 2nd wave and beyond bosses in fishbowl, mobs in the storm zones on Grissom Planet are a few examples of the mobs that could see cloaked). There are also some graphic issues with Cloak, for example with Group Stealth, if you initiate it while stationary, and engage warp, the graphic turns off while you're warping and turns back on after you stop warping (should show until you turn it off). There is also an issue with the Cloak (buff icon), where sometimes it's on when cloaking is off. (I put a thread in Dev Support under skills about it)

Can we get this part split off into the new Jenquai forum area? They are valid points (though in the wrong thread right now)

• 11 months later...
Ok to make something very clear even if the range of fold enemy is broken, it's not the skill you think it is. Teleport enemy is a JD only skill it comes with the RTB skill etc. it's not fold space. Fold space skill only ever seemed as if it was an evasive move and nothing more. Cloak on the other hand at higher levels was practically uninteruptable. I remember the original having an interupt only happen after so much damage or somthing ripping through your shields. Hull hits were the only instant interupts.

[quote name='azurile' timestamp='1310571833' post='43193']
Ok to make something very clear even if the range of fold enemy is broken, it's not the skill you think it is. Teleport enemy is a JD only skill it comes with the RTB skill etc. it's not fold space. Fold space skill only ever seemed as if it was an evasive move and nothing more. Cloak on the other hand at higher levels was practically uninteruptable. I remember the original having an interupt only happen after so much damage or somthing ripping through your shields. Hull hits were the only instant interupts.
[/quote]

Take a look at the screenshot in the OP. It's using Teleport Enemy against a Voltoi in Live, with my JE. Fold Space has L1 and L2 which teleport you in a random direction, L3 and L4 are supposed to teleport enemies away from ship, L5 Teleport Friend (group member), L6 Directional Teleport (teleports mobs/friends in direction they're facing), L7 Area Directional Teleport. The last 2 levels are JW only, but JE and JT are allowed to teleport enemies away.

The Skill you're describing is Summon. Both skills have the ability to teleport both enemies & friends.

You can also see a description of the fold space skill, and how it's supposed to work from the Janus docs, in the Jenquai Seeker thread.

[url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/4781-jenqual-seeker/page__st__60__p__42683#entry42683"]My link[/url]