Ticket List

There are quite a few issues that get brought up in bug reports section of the forums that sometimes don't seem to get commented on and sometimes duplicate postings for the same issue. I was wondering if there was a way to put up a type of spreadsheet on the forums that would indicate when one of the dev's has seen the posting and is in the process of doing something about it. (Suricata does a decent job of anytime someone posts an issue he will post something like "I will take a look at this when I get home").

I'm thinking though, a list that shows the topic title, who is working on the issue (or if you don't want to put a name here, maybe just put some indicator saying that it is being looked at), the date it was opened and then a link that will take you to description page. The first part of the description from the user who submitted the posting would be in one color and then in a separate color, text from one of the dev's indicating what steps have been taken so far. And the last thing would be a status:

Open - bug report has been seen by a dev and is being checked for validity

Confirmed - bug report has been confirmed to be an issue by a dev

In Q/A - dev's have made changes to correct the issue, but are currently testing it or awaiting another server push

Closed - issue has been resolved, or has been discovered to not be an issue

When an issue is closed obviously some comments should be left by the dev working on it to indicate what was done, or if nothing was done, why it is not an issue.

We kind of have this internally with the ticket system (which you can access ingame). I'm not sure if it would work on the forums though, as it is just adding more workload onto the dev team. Just my initial thoughts on it :-)

This is largely what the Mantis bug tracking system does, but I think we were inundated with duplicate reports and the like when it was public. Maybe we should try it again.

If you want to make it public CDel I think it'd be ok but we need to manually set the ones who can write detailed reports to the reporter status. Do you have permissions to manage mantis? (PM me if you don't for whatever reason)

Even a read-only view for us to see the tickets being worked on would be nice. :P

This way, if we encounter an issue in game that we know that Devs, Betas or Beta+'s are working on, we don't need to create a whole new ticket for it, but perhaps reference an existing ticket.

Even a read-only view for us to see the tickets being worked on would be nice. :P

This way, if we encounter an issue in game that we know that Devs, Betas or Beta+'s are working on, we don't need to create a whole new ticket for it, but perhaps reference an existing ticket.

Be that the case, then mantis.net-7.org

You can register and at default view all the tickets, unless we have it restricted to certain access levels (e.g. exploits we know about and don't want players to see/use)