Any news on this?

I was searching the forums for topics on updates to the graphics and artwork for EnB. I found this thread...Older thread link and was wondering if anything ever happened with it? Is there a way that someone can try their hand at updating artwork? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's the mix files that have all the art files? Anyway to repack those to try your own artwork out in the game? I found the extractor for the mix files but not a way to repack them. Just curious what's going on with this if anything. Thanks.

The mix files also contain audio for the game if I remember right.

As far as updating the client, (please don't take this the wrong way) due to copywrite laws and the importance of keeping as low a profile as the project can, the client is not able to be changed (much). There may be a new client one day though, who knows. This subject has been done to death but a lot of it was lost when the old forums were. (If there were a "beating the dead horse" icon it would be here)

On a happier note, Welcome (back) to one of our favorite games! ;)

Ok well thanks for responding so quick. The reason I asked was because in that old thread I linked to, one of the developers said that it was possible to add things or update artwork so that made it seem like it was possible. Anyways, if this is "beating a dead horse" then I guess that's that and I won't ask anymore about it. It's too bad really, the game is pretty cool, the look is just a bit dated. Thanks again for the response.

It is possible within limitations for us to do so, yes. We have been considering it, it's just a relatively low priority versus getting everything working. Graphics are a bit of polish that we're not focused on just yet. ;)