Interesting.

If this is true for all GMs (I was told this morning that it was not) I would ask, why have GMs at all?

(11):17:49:48 [New Players] Praetorius [GM]: gm 's do not respond in chat these days, all done thru os tickets

(0):17:49:50 COMPUTER: Avengingeaglepp logged in.

(0):17:50: 0 COMPUTER: Prospect ability activated.

(0):17:50: 5 COMPUTER: Prospected (8) Radium Ore

(11):17:50: 5 Insufficient energy to continue prospecting.

(11):17:50:10 [New Players] Mimirps: really about the GMs?

(5):17:50:11 Mimirps has prospected 8 Radium Ore

(0):17:50:13 COMPUTER: Prospect ability activated.

(0):17:50:14 COMPUTER: Prospected (1) Radium Ore

(0):17:50:15 COMPUTER: Yusagi logged in.

(5):17:50:20 Mimirps has prospected 1 Radium Ore

(11):17:50:26 [New Players] Praetorius [GM]: but i certainly will be curteous and respond to private tell

If this is true for all GMs (I was told this morning that it was not) I would ask, why have GMs at all?

If there we no GMs, you wouldn't have a way to get your character un-blackholed, or your mission reset, or that crazy un-deletable item out of your hold. They have to do these things through tickets because they simply can't keep track of 12 different conversations at once through chat, especially if they're Alt+Tab-ing in and out of game to talk to players.

If there we no GMs, you wouldn't have a way to get your character un-blackholed, or your mission reset, or that crazy un-deletable item out of your hold. They have to do these things through tickets because they simply can't keep track of 12 different conversations at once through chat, especially if they're Alt+Tab-ing in and out of game to talk to players.

Well that IS my point. GMs have saved my bacon in game more times than I care to mention. But if I now have to submit a ticket and wait for help... how does this work by the way? Do I exit the game and watch my e-mail? Or do I get an answer in the forums? In game? The ticket system may work down the road when there are fewer issues, but for the near future GMs in game and helping in real time is not only appreciated but absolutely needed.

Again, it is a great setup with GMs helping in real time. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't stop this help from the GMs.

After you submit a ticket all replys goto your email address that you put in. Depending on the problem you may also be contacted in game if you can get in game. As I said before I have even helped people in game asking for help. Most GM's do this but if they are busy helping other people they may not be able to help you in game so you will have to goto a ticket and wait for a GM to be free.

Thanks,

David

Ok that makes sense, and totally acceptable. So status quo, we just may have to wait for help in game and if no GM is around or too busy to get to us we should submit a ticket.

So as I understand it nothing really has changed, perhaps just a bad day that GM was having.

Keep in mind guys that this whole ticket thing has an upside to game development and is one reason it was inplenmented. Basicly if there's a ticket for the problem it gets registered. The soulition is added to the ticket so that if the problem occurs again the solution is at hand straight away giving a shorter turn around time for problem registration / solution.

The other upside is basicly if a problem starts occuring more frequently there can be an investigation and the tickets from the past can show when the problem started and sometimes how it got started. This will help the developers have a shorter turn around time noticing trends after updates and fixing them quicker.

So yes it's more hassle to make a ticket but we do get a huge Return on investment.

Fades back into the background....

PrometheusNL.

Indeed, I much prefer people putting a ticket in when they have issues (or find a bug) and then looking for a GM ingame, just so we have the documentation of the issue. Just remember to let the GM know you have put a ticket in so they can close it once rhey've helped you.

Indeed, I much prefer people putting a ticket in when they have issues (or find a bug) and then looking for a GM ingame, just so we have the documentation of the issue. Just remember to let the GM know you have put a ticket in so they can close it once rhey've helped you.

We have come full circle on the reporting process. I think I still have the e-mail ripping me up after reporting an issue on the ticket system.

But I agree documentation is very important to track and fix issues. It’s good to see some organization is finally getting into the development process.