Seeker Skills at high level

Within the past 5 or so levels, I've noticed that my seeker will invariably come out behind in points.

Her build skills are

comps/weps 6/7 [L7]

Reactors 5 or 6/7 [not quite sure on that]

devices 5

engines 4

We all know that foldspace, while the skill is in the game, aside from porting ones self, it really doesnt quite work yet. So why did I max it already? Dont ask me, I was operating with the assumption that it wouldve been fixed by now...

devices 5 and engines 6

scan is at L4, negotiate is maxed, as is cloak. reactor opt. and shield recharge is L5 for both I think. reactors are L7 or 8 and shields are maxed.

Basically, I'm not the wisest person here, I know that. But I'm thinking that for a decent seeker that can do combat and build. You'd wanna focus builds on comps reactors and weapons. after foldspace gets truly fixed, maxing this very important combat skill is important. I actually think that one doesnt need to go past engine tech L7 either. certainly not if the skills all get ironed out and working properly.

Anyway, just my thoughts. I do know that next chance I do remake my seeker I will be far more careful allocating points.

JT's aren't that hard to do with skill points, just pick 2 builds that you want to max prior to 150, and put the rest of your points into other things. IMO Comps and Reactors are the best picks, but you're free to choose differently if you like. JT takes fewer skill points (post 150 levels) to max everything than any of the original 6 classes, even though she likely has all the skills she's going to get, except for her Sharim Affiliation Skill.

Here's how my JT looks, she's L150, but has no post 150 levels.

Beam Weapon: 9

Build Components: 7

Build Devices: 1

Build Engines: 1

Build Reactors: 7

Build Weapons: 1

Cloak: 5

Device Tech: 8

Engine Tech: 8

Fold Space: 3

Negotiate: 5

Projectile Weapon: 1

Reactor Optimization: 7

Reactor Tech: 9

Recharge Shields: 7

Scan: 5

Shield Tech: 8

Skill Points 3

While Fold Space, IMO is an underrated skill, and currently doesn't work quite right, L3 is sufficent for most Jenquai.

Edited by Terrell

Actually, I think you could make due with at most L7 engine.. As it stands right now, my build comps/reactors/weps are all at L6, just 18 points for that is all I need. yet, since call forward isnt working, theres no way to retrofit skill points yet. Wonder when st4 will end...

Actually, I think you could make due with at most L7 engine.. As it stands right now, my build comps/reactors/weps are all at L6, just 18 points for that is all I need. yet, since call forward isnt working, theres no way to retrofit skill points yet. Wonder when st4 will end...

True, but I want to get a Reinforced Solar Sail for all my toons, when it's added to the game, so I brought her Engine Tech up to L8. I have no intention of putting it to L9 (would rather have L9 devices instead, to be honest). I can't wait to see her reactor performance when she has with an SS8, Sharim Prototype Shield (not in game yet), and L7 Reactor Optimization. Already have between 8 & 9K with a FVE, Reactor Opt 7, and a Cygnus 9. (where's a JE with a Power Augmenter 9 when I want one? :)) Ever try a Martyr's Heart with a JT? Can you say girl in candy store with her own pony? :)

Edited by Terrell

After the L8 ss is added, then I'll make the adjustments, but until then... And some of what you mention, I've not had a chance to really try yet. I'm kinda waiting for the end of the ST to be sounded myself, so I can then do a honed approach in the next ST you know?