Mining Object Levels

Zyg

I would like to see the level of a asteroid or gas cloud with my other toons. Presently, you can see what it is but not the level unless you can mine. I would like to be able to map these for reference so my mining classes can use them.

Color is nice but sometimes the colors are so close (3-4 gas clouds for example)

On another topic, is there a database that lists which type of object drops what type of ore? (i.e. hydrocarbons drop brood oil)

I would like to see the level of a asteroid or gas cloud with my other toons. Presently, you can see what it is but not the level unless you can mine. I would like to be able to map these for reference so my mining classes can use them.

Color is nice but sometimes the colors are so close (3-4 gas clouds for example)

On another topic, is there a database that lists which type of object drops what type of ore? (i.e. hydrocarbons drop brood oil)

Might be a silly question so forgive me if it is:

But does it matter whether the clouds are level 3 or 4?

Might be a silly question so forgive me if it is:

But does it matter whether the clouds are level 3 or 4?

Only way I could see it would be as a miner, if you are mining to a list. But that's a bit of a stretch, since often clouds or roids marked as one level typically have ores of that level or the level below it.

i.e. a yellowish radioactive roid (rock with bits of glowing crystal sticking out of it) is probably going to be an L5 roid, with a chance at a few units of L5 Radium, and a few more bits of L4 Californium. It most likely will NOT have any L3 or L6 radioactive ores.

A few exceptions to this will be the L9 raidoactives that have the helium (ack!) placeholder... and some roids in Lagarto and Endriago have devices in them (rarely though).

Overall however, I'd say being able to tell what is in a given roid or cloud is something that only miners can do (typically clicking on the targeted roid/cloud in the lower-right hand targeting pane shows what resources are in a given roid, hulk or cloud).

And with practice, you'll learn to pick out that one L9 roid in a mass of L8 roids with lightning speed. :)

The only problem I personally have with relying on color alone is that the actual color is different depending on which machine I'm playing on, and I have yet to figure out to sync their colors up properly. Things that are easily identified on my laptop as being level 9 are barely distinguishable from level 7/8 on my desktop. I know that this may simply be a gamma issue for me personally, but I haven't figured out how to make them the same color scheme....

All this is simply a roundabout way to say, put the level text on roids even for non-explorer toons. This is how it was in live, and didn't need to get removed. It also helps when you're on a different toon and you're out exploring and suddenly find a previously unknown roid field, so that's an instant benefit.

In my thoughts, those mining level shouldn't be 'viewable' to non-miner since non-miner isn't 'supposed' to acutally know the level of mining stuff. I would find it inconvience that my TE can see the level of mining stuff... If I want to see the ores level, I'll get my miner there and 'gain' some explore xps to be there to check level.

Also, gas cloud is SUPPOSED to be sorta massed together however they could use bit bigger 'cloud' :-))

Again. Just my thoughts for a 'public' reading.

Edited by Zurra

Hi

I have checked screen shots form live and they show that non miners could not see the lvl of roids or or gas clouds.

ScreenShot133.jpg

serveasface (Shepard).jpeg

Riia

My bad then. For some reason I thought in live you could see roid levels as a non-miner. Could also be that I mostly lived on my JE... :D

It also makes sense.. only someone with the skill should be able to tell for sure the level of an asteroid... although its very easily distinguishable by color if you mine enough.

Indeed. I flew by a nice new field of L8-L9 ores, but had to fight down that impulse to mine as I was on my PW at the time. :)