Hanging when selecting jobs

Guest omorb[e

Guest omorb[e

In last couple of weeks, I hang in JOB selection. I have to log out to get out of it, altho chat works and options etc. I just cant get out of JOB selection without logging out, and as soon as I do that, I loose the JOB i signed up for. Anyone else having this problem?

I've had this problem to but unlike OP i couldn't logout i had to alt-tab out and either close net7-proxy (force disconnect) or use taskmanager to force shut down game.

I found and workaround though if exiting the jobterminal now & then it won't happen as it mainly seams to happen if "beeing" in there for to long and "to long" can be varius but i mainly encountered it when waiting for jobs to respawn, which i belive is on 5min timer.

I think this have to do with that something times out due to "inactivity" as i can get similar problems beeing in refine/manufactoring/analyze terminal or just standing in a station doing nothing, though while just "standing" in a station you can still move around use chat but as soon as using a terminal, trying to talk a npc or exiting station it will "freeze".

Edited by Slitz

I had the "open job terminal and hang client" problem the other night as well. Chatting in various channels and in guild continued to work, but I couldn't close the job terminal interface, nor could I switch to combat or explore jobs. Trying to quit the game from within the client didn't work, and ultimately required me to hard close the game via both killing the net7proxy process and the client.exe process. Once logged back in, things were fine again.

Related observations and memories:

In Live you could refresh any job type by changing from one job type to another, then back, not so now.

In Live the jobs would refresh and display while you were in the terminal at the type of job you wanted (remember those high speed clickfests with 10 other people at the terminal? ), not so now.

The only way to get any new jobs to display, for me anyway, is to exit the terminal, and re-enter.

No complaints, just what I have found ;)

TooTall

Edit: Forgot one more point, if the term locks you in and does not refresh while you are, why stay in it?

I don't :)

2nd edit: and jobs are not persistent. If you crash or log, all jobs are gone :)

Edited by TooTall

Similar issue with manu-term. Wont load build list quickly, so you need to quit term before some kind of time-out. On 2nd look the build list comes in fine.