Graphics on Vista 64 advice

I looked around the site and did not see a topic on this, if I missed it I apologize now. I run Vista 64 on my laptop with an Nvidia 9800M GTS and so far I get terrible graphics, (will post screen shots later). Just as an example I can fly into a sector and as I warp along the nav points through mine fields all I see is the little grey interact circles, no asteroids. A lot of the times I will have to come to a complete stop to let the roids load and even then they flicker in and out or just never show up. Gates, start bases, enemies, and friendlies all have this happen while playing on my laptop, even the planets get a very strange ripple through them as I put along mining.

I talked with my brother who is running Visa 32 and he does not have these issues at all, and my work laptop runs win xp and it plays fine on it. A friend of mine has win7 64 and he tells me he has the exact same problem I am having so I deduce it is the 64 bit operating system causing issue. Does anyone have a work around or a setting tweak to help alleviate this graphics problem?

I looked around the site and did not see a topic on this, if I missed it I apologize now. I run Vista 64 on my laptop with an Nvidia 9800M GTS and so far I get terrible graphics, (will post screen shots later). Just as an example I can fly into a sector and as I warp along the nav points through mine fields all I see is the little grey interact circles, no asteroids. A lot of the times I will have to come to a complete stop to let the roids load and even then they flicker in and out or just never show up. Gates, start bases, enemies, and friendlies all have this happen while playing on my laptop, even the planets get a very strange ripple through them as I put along mining.

I talked with my brother who is running Visa 32 and he does not have these issues at all, and my work laptop runs win xp and it plays fine on it. A friend of mine has win7 64 and he tells me he has the exact same problem I am having so I deduce it is the 64 bit operating system causing issue. Does anyone have a work around or a setting tweak to help alleviate this graphics problem?

Have you tried earth and beyond configurator? Set res and save?

Bah, forgot to grab screenshots lastnight, will do so tonight when I get home. I have gone through the Net-7 config and EnB config trying different resolutions and do not see an improvement. Updated my graphics drivers, and some system drivers but that has not helped either. It is good to hear that 64 bit does run the game I just need to find the solution. Sorry for no SS to show you the issue just yet.

1. run net7-config as admin and save your options

2. in game option->graphics untick "use recommanded"

and set all the bars to highest value except gamma.

make sure to click on save , and close .

solved it for me , and i hope it will help you :)

you need to run the config as admin or it won't save your changes

/face palm....you would think that I would know to do this for all .exe files in Vista by this point. I do it for the launcher so I am not a complete tool, I will give this a shot along with haflo's advice tonight when I get home and let ya know.

/face palm....you would think that I would know to do this for all .exe files in Vista by this point. I do it for the launcher so I am not a complete tool, I will give this a shot along with haflo's advice tonight when I get home and let ya know.

Worked like a charm! Such a beautiful game on my laptop now, I am in love all over again.