HU Bonus missions

I was just made aware today that to get any of the bonus missions you have to do each and every mission leading up to the successive bonus missions. So as a PW you have to do not only the 30 HU mission as mandated by the game. But you have to do the 50 HU mission tree, the 75 mission tree AND the 100 mission tree, not complaining as I don’t think I will max out this toon before the next wipe. But it would have been nice to have that made a bit clearer from the get go. Yeah I know “Stress test” Yeah I know work in progress, Yeah I know the Devs are great, but this is the little detail that makes or breaks it for me. I will do them ALL next ST regardless of how time consuming, not fun, and costly. So this is it:

Do the 10 HU mission(s) ALL of them I assume any and all bonus missions

Do the 30 HU mission(s) ALL of them I assume any and all bonus missions

Do the 50 HU mission(s) ALL of them I assume any and all bonus missions

Do the 75 HU mission(s) ALL of them I assume any and all bonus missions

Do the100 HU mission(s) ALL of them I assume any and all bonus missions

Do the 135 HU mission(s) ALL of them I assume any and all bonus missions

Don’t skip any or you will not be able to do the bonus mission for the next HU bonus missions.

I think the mission tree should be modified to check if any missions have been skipped and only allow you to buy your HU if you have no chance to do any of the additional bonus missions.

Slacker Mission tree

Do the 10 HU mission(s) ALL of them I assume any and all bonus missions

Do the 30 HU mission - Skip the rest. At this point if you skip any your done anyway

Pay for your 50 HU

Pay for your 75 HU

Pay for your 100 HU

Pay for your 135 HU

In the (many) threads covering the Progen hull upgrades [DEV] Byakhee has been quite clear that not doing any of the *optional* HU's means you are not eligible for any of the successive ones.

As clear as mine? I dont think so...

hows this:

DO NOT SKIP ANY MISSIONS!!!

YOU MUST DO THEM ALL!

IF YOU MISS ANY (EVEN THE HIDDEN ONES)

YOUR TOON IS LOST!

START OVER!

Thats clear, even to me. :)

As clear as mine? I dont think so...

hows this:

DO NOT SKIP ANY MISSIONS!!!

YOU MUST DO THEM ALL!

IF YOU MISS ANY (EVEN THE HIDDEN ONES)

YOUR TOON IS LOST!

START OVER!

Thats clear, even to me. :)

"Your toon is lost"? Hardly. Whatever.

I do tend to exaggerate a little, ok a lot.

And my toon is not lost.

But if it had been clear that if one steps out of the mission tree at any point you cannot step back in. At any point in the tree.

I for one will be very vocal now on the chat channels and correct those that tell new Progen players to just skip this or that particular mission as the reward is not worth the effort or expense.

Jarod

"Your toon is lost"? Hardly. Whatever.

ohhhhhh something about that word in a discussion just makes me crazy!!

Edited by Kenu
misquote

Hull upgrade (optional) missions:

You may choose to do all, some, or none. However if you pay for a hull upgrade you will fail to unlock any bonus mission that requires that mission. Your choice really.

Ok with the bonus missions:

Only the HU 50, 75, 100 and 135 will have bonus missions applied to them.

However, I treat this like binary.

Consider Doing the mission = 1

Consider Paying for the hull upgrade = 0.

This means a player who did all the missions: 1111 would have all the mission requirements unlocked to attempt the bonus missions. I have repeatidly said this. An example of a new mission is now in the Progen section of the forum.

Simple Bonus:

1xxx - Bonus for 50

x1xx - Bonus for 75

xx1x - Bonus for 100

xxx1 - Bonus for 135

Up to now the bonuses have been of a simple route, where only one hull upgrade locks a particular line. This has now changed with a New Mission (obtained from Primus Shipyards if you are PW or PP). I am looking at a PS one.

Mission Name: "The Roaring Fires of Hell [Version 1.1.WP]

Hull Mission Requirement: 111x

Trade Level Requirement: 45

Build Weapons Requirement: Max build weapons to complete mission.

Credit Requirement: 20 million credits (Insurance) - this is lost if you fail / abandon mission.

-------------------------

Eventually, the following Bonus mission loadout per class of Progen:

1xxx

x1xx

xx1x

xxx1

11xx

1x1x

1xx1

x11x

xx11

x1x1

111x

x111

1x11

11x1

= 15 maximum missions per class, note that buying a hull upgrade has the potential for a bonus mission never to be obtained for yourself. These bonus missions are intended to appear over the course of the lifespan of the game also and sneaked into the game!

Up to now the bonuses have been of a simple route, where only one hull upgrade locks a particular line. This has now changed with a New Mission ...

The now has changed part has my knickers in a bunch, it did not start out that way and now is that way. If you read the original post in this thread you will see that it is really no big thing for this ST as there is nothing that those of us (I assume there is more than just me) that steped out of the mission tree. Or in binary 11001 and I guess soon to be 0 for the 135 mission. For there is no reason to complete this mission other than testing it, but then again if parts can't be completed due to prior parts not completed..well a circular argument there.

For future stress tests if this is going to be the way of all missions cool, fine and dandy. Just keep it that way or if you change it don't change it mid stream, but make it a particular way at the beginning of the ST.

The now has changed part has my knickers in a bunch, it did not start out that way and now is that way. If you read the original post in this thread you will see that it is really no big thing for this ST as there is nothing that those of us (I assume there is more than just me) that steped out of the mission tree. Or in binary 11001 and I guess soon to be 0 for the 135 mission.

For future stress tests if this is going to be the way of all missions cool, fine and dandy. Just keep it that way or if you change it don't change it mid stream, but make it a particular way at the beginning of the ST.

Sorry mate,

But the old forums had this information from the start.

I repeatidly said

"The hull missions unlock bonus content"

The old forums also showed this binary approach to the unlocking of content. Up to now the fact has been there has been no bonus mission for the 75 and a combat oriented one for the 50. However, I repeatidly said there would be 15 bonus mission trees envisaged; and eventually this would require more than 1 hull upgrade mission to unlock them all.

The reason why "up to now" is there, is the fact the new mission takes multiple hull upgrades into account, (and requires no combat, unless you count hitting the analyze terminal as combat). This has always been the case for Hull Upgrade missions, for Progen.

"up to now" has been a requirement for only 1 hull upgrade mission.

"up to now" was with limited tools for missions

"up to now" is advancement of what can be done

And.

All [Version] missions are subject to change.

• Upvote 1