Screen Shots of Ore Fields?

This is something that has bothered me since day 1 when I logged in. I know the colors of the asteroids for L6-9 are wrong. I have gone through the internet and my personal cache of screen shots looking for a screen shot of a L9 asteroid, crystaline astroid, or hydrocarbon.....

I reported this as a bug when I first started in ST3 but was told I need a screen shot of it. So... if anyone has any combat screen shots, mining screen shots, whatever with high lvl ore fields in them I'd be interested as I know what I'm looking for and I know I'm not crazy (several other people remember the colors as well). I thought I might ask for a bit of community help on this. I know it's small in the scheme of things but if I'm being told they would need a screen shot of the color I'm guessing that it's not something even in the "polish things up to do list".

Can't say I see any difference honestly.

They don't exactly follow the "ROYGBIV" rainbow pattern either:

L1 - Pale Blue

L2 - Teal

L3 - Green

L4 - Greenish-Yellow

L5 - Yellow

L6 - Orange

L7 - Magenta

L8 - Purple

L9 - Indigo

And while I haven't seen them yet, the popper roids from Live were typically rocks, and they had a very slightly different texture mapping (if you got close enough, you could tell the difference)

Gases, Crystals, and Radioactives are pretty easy to tell at a glance, but Hydrocarbons and Rock ores could be a bit harder to discern with the blotchiness of the hydrocarbons, and the general underlying rock pattern washing out the colour of the veins of the ore.

...and if you are color-blind - well theres is always select and left-click....

What I find interesting is the way certain minerals modify the appearance of the roids. Remove the horusium (or whatever) and it looks different. Juicier roids look - well - juicier....

tbh - the color scheme works, and no point adjusting it to mirror historic patterns....????

If the color scheme changes in the Emu that is fine with me, but Azasha is right. They are not how they were in Live. I don't really care one way or another. Unfortunately I don't have any screenies from Live to prove it. Sorry. :P

Part of the reason it bothers me is there is less difference between roid levels after 1,2,3 with the exception of 7 & 8. If I'm out scouting a roid field via 5300 warp by I do so by looking at the color of the roids. Another reason it bothers me is simply it's not the same as it was in Live and I personally preferred the colors they were in Live. I have also talked with at least 10 other people that would like to see them go back which I realize is a small minority but then I don't talk to the entire server 99% of the time. I generally talk to a very small group to start with so for me it's a large percentage of the people I talk to and I can hardly believe I found the only 10 people on the sever that it bugs.

Now.... back to the original intent of posting this thread... does anyone actually have any screen shots of ore fields? Be it in the background hunting in Ardus where occasionally near the parasites there were L9 roids or someone who was taking a screen shot in BBW of a roid popped or manes doing something weird or cool? I have Ardus screen shots but they all show L7 and 8 roids in them I wasn't lucky enough to catch 2 PW's tanking parasites using shield inversion AND get a L9 asteroid in there too.

I do remember L1 and L9 roids (specifically the rock type) being somewhat close to the same colour in live, the brain check there being that you'd never really have L1 and L9roids spawning in the same field.

But when zipping about at warp speeds, it might not be so easily distinguishable :rolleyes:

I'm not calling you wrong or right, but it is amazing what some people think they remember after 5 years. Then again I don't remember 'roids say of lvl 5 only containing lvl 4 ores but yet where we are at now they do. I also remember a lot more safe places to mine that didn't have manes ready to chew you up.

Guest Byakhee / Builder / Growlz

<Snip>

I also remember a lot more safe places to mine that didn't have manes ready to chew you up.

<Snip>

Try Primus

I made that a miner friendly space area. This is Byakhee's friendly side showing.

[Work Computer]

Let there be no doubt about it level 9 was a blue as the OP says :)

Would be ok if roids are recolored though, as long as there is a noticable difference between different levels

Also...I wish there were more and higher level manes than there are right now, and that they warp in at you and have grav well skill :)