NET framework 3.5 error still

Kreep

Downloaded the Earth and Beyond Client & the Net-7 Unified installer. 

Followed the " how do I get the game " instructions

Open Net-7 as administrator, an get I need NET Framework 3.5 with the option to download it, I do it says i have it, and rinse and repeat on attempting to open game.

Any help would be appreciated! Ty!!!

Processor    12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF   3.60 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)

NVidia GeForceRTX 3070
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 11

3.5a.jpg

3.5.jpg

Hi

Just so I can fully understand your situation with the .Net Framework issue, please can you clarify what parts of the installation have been successful as from your images it appears that it reports a successful install.

• Did the main E&B client install fine?
  • Net7 installer - Again i see from your images that you are running the application, does it complete without error?
  • When launching Net7 application are you presented with a small error box detailing the .Net failure?
  • Again when launching Net7 you are using the newly created desktop icon and not just using the installer over and over?

You could also try installing the package from Microsoft: Download .Net 3.5 and see if this gives any better results.

If you do manage to get the Launch Net7 to load, please check out my other post about what settings to apply to certain files: Installed, but now what?

If still failing on launch please report back here with any more screenshots of the error.

-FFT

Downloading the E&B client, It shows " eandb_demo "  can't be downloaded securely. So I copy and paste the link below it  https://www.net-7.org/download/Net-7_Install.exe and it goes straight into the download. It seems like it all downloaded correctly, I follow the steps but every time I click on net7 from the desktop icon as administrator, it keeps showing I need the net framework 3.5. I did go to Microsoft and download net framework I believe it's 4.5 now. It does show during download it doesn't recognize my version of windows so maybe that's why it doesn't find my net framework? But I don't know how to get it to recognize that. 

2.0.jpg

win.jpg

Edited by Kreep

Yep, just click ok again. Your version of Windows is newer than anything in the installer's script. I need to update it. The highest it went was Windows 7. When I wrote it I was trying to work around User Account Control which was a newer windows feature at the time that was giving us hell. None of these prompt windows should stop you, they are informational

Hi again

3 hours ago, Kreep said:

every time I click on net7 from the desktop icon as administrator, it keeps showing I need the net framework 3.5

Okay so to me this kind of comes across as you are just re-running the installer package over and over, and not the application after installation.

So, lets see if we can narrow this down. When you click the icon you are saying you are, do you see this:

image.png.99351af9e392f7671eeddee148de07e3.png

Or do you see this:

image.png.e5a0bcdae3eaffe20378d659656a894e.png

If you are seeing image number 1: You are just in an installation loop and need to run the installed application that should have created a new icon on your desktop called Launch Net7. It is also accessible via your star menu under Net7 Entertainment.

If you are seeing image number 2, then is the .Net Framework producing an error window popup at this point? If so please post an image of this point of failure.

Let us know how you get on.

-FFT

It is # 1 that it goes through during download, then I am clicking the desktop icon as administrator and it just keeps showing I need the net framework 3.5. When I check my start menu, there is no Net7 "anything". Just the earth and beyond configuration and earth and beyond photo looking icon. I haven't seen the option # 2 that you posted yet.

n7icon.jpg

start.jpg

des.jpg

Edited by Kreep

Okay, Windows 11.

This is certainly an unusual issue you are having, but let's try a different approach.

Click the Start button, and type "turn", and you should see "Turn Windows features on of off" pop up as a suggestion.

image.png.5ae4bd6634abfd608da57992b8939e4b.png

Try checking the both the .Net Framework options for 3.5 and 4.8, click OK. It might require a restart after this.

-FFT