Do most people level their CL by doing combat?

Just curious on the less combat oriented classes, in this case Terran Scout, do people normally level their CL by hunting?  Combat missions just don't really seem worth it from an xp per hour standpoint.  But if you were to do something like max out Trade to 50 I know that xp then spills over into the other two pools, exploration can easily hit 35 just on full tours and once that's 50 everything would flow to combat.  Is that a method people use?  So you're effectively doing trade to raise your CL's?  Just curious because I'm finding it a bit tedious to do atm.  My PW wasn't much of an issue as combat is their thing and while I can kill appropriate level mobs one on one it certainly involves a lot of kiting.  I always feel like I'm cheating myself if I fight stuff that only gives me 400xp but maybe per hour it works out the same since you kill them fast?

Wondering how most people go about this?  My TS is only CL 14, should I just be focusing o CL10's and not try to hunt my own level?

For non-combat types with fewer weapons it is a bit tedious and a grind.

My JEs at least worked up to L5 weapons while working to max explore and trade, then all exp dumps into combat.

I made my TS for engine building. Max'ed on explore and trade but still only C42.

Depending on the population on the server, some players will let you tag along while they're doing their C leveling. Though you have to be within a certain C range to get credit.

Ask around for places to level at.  Some are easier than others. If you are overall L35 you can pick up L50 combat missions at Net-7 and at L60 pick up L75 missions at Chernevog. Just don't take several that will pop up at the same spawn point at the same time.

If you're leveling solo, it's going to be a bit slow, as this game hails from the era when MMOs weren't super great at supporting solo play. If you have trouble finding others to group with, even adding a second of your own characters can make a huge difference in XP per hour.

15 hours ago, MrGeneric said:

Just curious on the less combat oriented classes, in this case Terran Scout, do people normally level their CL by hunting?  Combat missions just don't really seem worth it from an xp per hour standpoint.  But if you were to do something like max out Trade to 50 I know that xp then spills over into the other two pools, exploration can easily hit 35 just on full tours and once that's 50 everything would flow to combat.  Is that a method people use?  So you're effectively doing trade to raise your CL's?  Just curious because I'm finding it a bit tedious to do atm.  My PW wasn't much of an issue as combat is their thing and while I can kill appropriate level mobs one on one it certainly involves a lot of kiting.  I always feel like I'm cheating myself if I fight stuff that only gives me 400xp but maybe per hour it works out the same since you kill them fast?

Wondering how most people go about this?  My TS is only CL 14, should I just be focusing o CL10's and not try to hunt my own level?

If your goal is to get to max level in the shortest amount of time I would go for the tour option that you mention. The one that I have used is the Doctor's route described in the Wiki

i usually do trade jobs fill it up fast then spill over to explore then go mining in a group to fill that .  by then you have good shields reactors and such and can cl on much higher lvl enemy to raise Combat quickly.  atleast thats how i do my progens