V'rix -- too difficult [Oct 2018 plus]

Lquan

We players notice that trying to play solo as a Progen has become excessively difficult due to the V'rix infestation of first Primus and our shipyard and now the west side undock area at Arx Spartoi [Endriago].  All Progen need to periodically upgate their hulls and having a pod of six high level V'rix sometimes atop the shipyard quickly becomes frustrating.  Similarly, all Progen have some skill missions operating out of Arx Spartoi .. having the undock from Altair gate, the Genetic Repository, and the Lagarto gate camped with six CL 40 V'rix who all respond to aggression as a team, is similarly frustrating.  After three to six times being incapacitated, Progen players who lack multiple high level alts might tend to quit the game in frustration.

If possible, I suggest that the level of the V'rix be scaled [AI?] to the level of the player ... maybe twenty percent lower than the best player in the local group.  This would present a challenge without it being impossible.

I know we're following the guide path laid out by the original DEVs.  And I know that overall game play wasn't so compelling that huge numbers of people paid for the game.  This suggests that the original DEV vision wasn't the best ...

And thus, that we can and should deviate from it in the interests of playability.

• Upvote 1

I know we're following the guide path laid out by the original DEVs.  And I know that overall game play wasn't so compelling that huge numbers of people paid for the game.  This suggests that the original DEV vision wasn't the best ...

This guide path is not how I remember it at all... 

Just saying,

Mim

• Upvote 1

I'm talking about the pre-EA intended vision of the then independent DEVs.  I could be wrong -- I wasn't one of them and thus have to rely on my memories of what they said back 16 or so years ago.

My guild [whose name I have forgotten] was unofficially allied to that of the DEVs -- we helped them in testing various features of EnB.  [For example; I distinctly recall that it was possible to build a Progen capital ship in Mars at what is now the construction site and for a player(s) to pilot it.]