AIR-BISCUITS

Hi EnBE,

I am quite new to the server. I played for 6 months or so in 2003, and then spent on and off  about 6 years in total on Eve.

I eventually discovered I did not need a second job....

Last week I found EnBE :)

I have noticed an interesting phenomenon - as in most established communities, there is a small group of players that do not like outspoken new people, regardless of the new persons good intentions :

In the last 48 hours when the chat channel "New Players" (which seems to be used as the "general chat") got a bit quiet, I have as well as a few other community spirited people tried to make a funny comment to engage the community and act as a catalyst to bring some activity into the social aspect of the server.

In these two days, I have amongst other topics made about 6 references to "Air-Biscuits" - a silly UK term meaning "FARTS".

Yesterday an Admin asked I stop referring to "air-biscuits", a request to which I acquiesced. Then two other players took the chance to publicly admonish me. One of these two players a few days earlier had insulted me during a request for help resolving connection issues, and the same player also insulted me before that, after I had to change an apparently inappropriate character name.

I know these are the dynamics of online gaming.

Summery:

I am concerned that established players might be abusing the trust of the Admins in order to facilitate some sort of chat PVP, whereby admin become the weapon.

• Upvote 2

For things outside of the context of EnB use the Out of Context channel.  New Players is for the assistance of those who are new to the game.  I'm not sure if it's still there as I have new players turned off, but there was a reminder of it's use if you were over OL50, that was automatic.  We usually use the General channel for general EnB related things.  Also while much of the player base is older, some players children play, and please take that into consideration. 

Under Chat, use the set channels option to turn on/off the channels you want.

• Upvote 1

"I could of plucked that right out the air and dip it in my tea"

Yea they have to be strict on slang, innuendos and verbiage, the younger crowd would go around saying stuff in school

or around the house. At times it could seem a little extreme about chat protocol.

But in your defense, someone should of given you a heads up to chat "Out Of Context"

BTW, keep that Spotted Dick to yourself. :)

I have monitored all the chat channels since Terrell kindly advised me - I have grave news to report, it would seem you have an epidemic of "out of context" topics being posted in the Channel "New Players"

...zero traffic in the "Out of Context " channel,

...and minimal traffic in the "General" channel.

Edited by Naughtious

Players police themselves for the most part here and they do a good job with it.

Sometimes a member of staff may step in and say something like i did and that normaly is the end of whatever may be going on at the time.

We dont scour the channels looking to wield some power trip onto the players,We simply want this to be the one game you can just play and not have to worry much about what gets said.

Is what you said way out of line?no Was the avatar name out of line?yes so i had you change it.

But the second day of you saying that type of thing was becoming a annoyance, especialy since you put it into new player chat where it doesnt belong.

So something was said and you stopped. TY

I am not sure where you want this post to go so i am giving you and anyone else that may not know,

a link to our game rules.

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/8820-rules-of-the-game/

You can always submit a ticket if you feel someone is harassing you or being inappropriate in chat.(make screenshots).

• Upvote 1

The default chat channel settings for new players and new characters only monitor the "New Player" channel.

If you want new players to be more aware of these other channels, I suggest you change the start-up default channels monitored

Change the default channel ??? Not going to happen . 

There are many a night when there are very few Player's online. The New player chat becomes the " Main " chat .... until a new player ask a question then we all online hush in new player channel  so we can help the person who asked the question is helped .  There has been a few times I started a chat about a subject in new player then I asked that we go to OOC or  Gen chat to keep new player open .  As in free loot in Jita , A boring slow night when no one is talking, :)  There time's when I ask folk to go to Gen or OOC channel and they go after a few mins . We try to keep " Wow ,EvE and other game's " in OOC as much as we can .

I was not on when the " Air-Biscuits " thing happened due to R/L .  So I will not say much on that

One of these two players a few days earlier had insulted me during a request for help resolving connection issues, and the same player also insulted me before that,   If that person is in my guild be sure they would have been chewed out by now .

I hope the connection issues are fixed .

Signed WADR 

Lobevaser / Wetpolecat