Launched okay once

Hi,

I completed all of my registration and installation last night including generating a character and ship in the stand alone application. This morning I launched the game and it worked fine all the way to the character selection screen. I alt-tabbed to check something and lost sound so I restarted the program. Now when I login the main screen disappears leaving the server command line screen which says login successful and launch successful and then it too crashes. Any ideas? Can't find a post like this anywhere...

Hi,

I completed all of my registration and installation last night including generating a character and ship in the stand alone application. This morning I launched the game and it worked fine all the way to the character selection screen. I alt-tabbed to check something and lost sound so I restarted the program. Now when I login the main screen disappears leaving the server command line screen which says login successful and launch successful and then it too crashes. Any ideas? Can't find a post like this anywhere...

Need some info first...

- What Operating System and Version?

- Have you installed .net framework 2.0 and 3.5 from Microsoft?

- Are you running as administrator (if applicable)?

- Marco

Need some info first...

- What Operating System and Version?

- Have you installed .net framework 2.0 and 3.5 from Microsoft?

- Are you running as administrator (if applicable)?

- Marco

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate...not sure how to check my framework version on 7 but i'm assuming it comes with 3.5 and I am the administrator.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate...not sure how to check my framework version on 7 but i'm assuming it comes with 3.5 and I am the administrator.

You likely have to install the framework seperately. It did not come bundled in my install of 7.

Do a search for .NET 3.5 Download on google and you'll go right to the page. You do not need any earlier version to also be installed UNLESS you have upgraded from older versions rather than doing the full install or are a more advanced user that uses bootstrap installs.

However, you must have .NET, if you did not our Launcher would crash upon attempting to open. You would never get to the point that you could even click play. I recommend instead making sure you're set to compatibility mode for xp if you're playing on Vista or running the EnBConfig utility, and running everything as administrator, this usually resolves this sort of problem.

Had the same problem on windows 7 pro as the OP

As mentioned, what worked for me was setting compatibility for all the .exe's to XP, including the config utility(did not have to run anything as admin in my case). The game still crashes to desktop after character selection occasionally, but this seems to be random... or atleast I cannot find a cause, but its working most of the time for me now.