Able to log in and select a character, but that's it...

Just like the title says, I can log in without problems. I get taken to the character select screen, and I choose a character, but then I get a "server failed to respond to sector login" error. I tried three different accounts and two different computers, and I can't get in on any of them. I can access the N7 site just fine, and when I start the launcher the server shows up as online, but I can't get in. Any ideas?

Also, for the last few weeks, the launcher has taken a fairly long time to load. It starts up quickly enough, but all the buttons are greyed out and it hangs on "checking updates for Net-7" for way longer than it used to before everything pops up and I can hit play (once I hit play, everything proceeds at the expected speed). Not sure if that has anything to do with it (as I've been able to play fine this whole time), but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated. I've turned off IPv6, which made the game run great, and I don't have any of the checksum settings on my network adapter. I'm on wi-fi, but that hasn't been a problem this whole time, and I'm running Win7 Pro 32-bit.