Increasing lag

I reinstalled this yesterday after taking a break for a year or two and have found that I have trouble playing it, because I am experiencing exponential lag. It starts off fine when I first log on but it slowly becomes more and more unresponsive until it's taking over two minutes to update chat or target things. I've tried disabling the packet optimisation but that hasn't helped at all. I am doubtful it's a speed issue on my end because everything else runs fine and it's not a consistent level of high latency, it increases as I play. Is there anything I can try to do to fix this on my end?

The current recommendation from the devs is to

- check/enable all boxes on the LHS of the launcher and clear/disable all boxes on the RHS

- Disable ipv6 https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/8402-disable-ip6-crashes-dropping-try-this/

- Disable checksum offload https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/9192-att-everyone-having-gatectd-issues-tso-settings/

Okay I was having problems until I ticked the Prototype Reorder, which wasn't ticked by default and I noticed it mentioned in the checksum offload thread. I'll keep an eye on the issue and let you know if it is just a temporary sweet spot. Thanks for your help!

Okay so I was facing massive problems much the same as all of you have been describing! I found that I could run 1 client okay but with choppy play here and there but after starting a 2nd client all hell broke loose and both clients just lagged to hell and it was impossible to run both. 

After reading through all the recommendations from Zack I did the following things to my computer:

Disabled IPV6

Disabled IPV4/TCP/UDP Checksum Offload

Disabled "Large Send Offload"

Changed "Speed & Duplex" from "Auto Negotiation" to "100 MBps Full Duplex"  (I am connected to my router directly via Ethernet)

Made sure Packet Optimisation / Prototype Reorder / Disable Mouse Lock / Delete TH6 files were all checked.

Opened up my router settings and under ADSL settings changed MTU from 1492 to 1500

-----------

Now the game works perfectly, gating is quick and efficient, game play is smooth, and once again can run multiple clients with no issues.

The exact above steps solved all issues I was having so hopefully it may help some of you too!

I am running Win 8 64bit / Realtek PCIE Ethernet adapter / 20mb ADSL2 connection 

(edit) NB I noticed MASSIVELY better Torrent Speeds & Responsiveness after making these changes too!

Edited by FishJD