Server Failed to Respond to Login Attempt - Windows 8

I have been running the game no problem on Windows 7 64-bit and recently upgraded to Window 8 Pro-64 Bit. This was not a fresh install as I did not want to have to re-install all my programs, AV, Firewalls etc, together with all the re-licensing aggravation.

Anyway, since the upgrade(?) I have not been able to get in to the game. Every time I press play from the Launcher I get a pop-up Labelled Net7Proxy and the message "Server failed to respond to the Login attempt" and the launcher then exits.

I have checked through all my folder permissions, user account settings, firewall program rules (I am using Norton 360), I have re-installed the launcher numerous times, made sure all compatibility settings are correct, I also tried using the 2 new Net7Proxy.exe files posted in another thread all to no avail.

I have another Windows 7 machine, 64-bit the same, and I can get in to the game on that no problem, so it is not a game account issue.

I am not getting any inv-300 issues, have deleted .th6 files and also checked the remove .th6 files option in the launcher. Tried starting with and without debug-launch and also tried different servers but nothing works. I have also tried changing the hosts.txt file but this didn't help either so I am now plumb out of ideas. I have been at this for 2 weeks on and off, reading threads in the forums and trying various things people have posted but it is still broken.

So in desperation I throw myself at your feet and say..wtf is going on (in the nicest possible way of course :)  )

Any ideas or assistance would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!

What a facepalm moment that is.

You're a genius..or I am really stupid......or possibly both.

As Devs are wont to say "Its working as intended :D "

Thank you very much.

i run a on a win 8 machine, one thing i have learned is go through and make sure you set the admin rights on all the files previously mentioned, but also set the compatibility (I set mine to win7. I know most doc's say win 95 or other versions, but they aren't on the list) you also  need to adjust the user account control to be a little more free with access,  

OMG!!!!!!!!!!

What a facepalm moment that is.

You're a genius..or I am really stupid......or possibly both.

As Devs are wont to say "Its working as intended :D "

Thank you very much.

Sometimes it happens to me too :) Learned it the hard way 

Glad could help :)