Anyone here tried Imvox as Voice Chat yet?

Back than i got used to use Team Speak so not sure how it is this days since i use Ventrilo now for a few years but was tempted to try Imvox out but didnt yet got past setting a Account up.

Regarding the info i know about Imvox

Free Account gets

30 slot chat server

Pro Account gets

up to 10 servers for up to 250 slots

So anyone tried it yet ?

If so how it compares to the quality to Ventrilo?

Or how is Teamspeak this days compare to Ventrilo?

Donno about Imvox.

But can say for sure that TS sucks compared to Ventrilo.

Sound quality is much better on Ventrilo.

I second that Ventrilo has way superior sound and its just better.

if anny of you guys need a ventrilo server I have one on a 100/mbit line thast up 24/7

running version 2.3.1

Give me a yo if intrested

I assume most of you have not seen TeamSpeak3 yet, otherwise you'd be singing a different tune.

The new TS3 is much better than TS2, and IMHO is better than Ventrilo. Yes you heard me right.

Both use the Speex codec as default. But, I believe TS3's implementation is much better than

Ventrilo. I have used both on an extended basis and I can comfortably say TS3 is better.

You do not have to apply the volume module to any player... the server normalizes the level

before it's sent to clients. Sound is fantasic, other players sound as if they are sitting

in the room with you.

Don't believe me?!?! check it out at http://www.teamspeak.com

And, if your a gamer or NPO, there is a free license for a 32 slot server, Win32 or Linux.

--Oozr

I assume most of you have not seen TeamSpeak3 yet, otherwise you'd be singing a different tune.

The new TS3 is much better than TS2, and IMHO is better than Ventrilo. Yes you heard me right.

Both use the Speex codec as default. But, I believe TS3's implementation is much better than

Ventrilo. I have used both on an extended basis and I can comfortably say TS3 is better.

You do not have to apply the volume module to any player... the server normalizes the level

before it's sent to clients. Sound is fantasic, other players sound as if they are sitting

in the room with you.

And, if your a gamer or NPO, there is a free license for a 32 slot server, Win32 or Linux.

--Oozr

Normalises sound??

No it does not.

When ever i am on ts3 i have to turn sound up to hear anyone at all. how is that normalized.

And yes i've tryed ts3, only way to communicate with devs and gms.

And yes i've set volume on it.

Iff i use TS3 and then play a game , guess what Game Blasts out of my speakers cause i have to set volume so loud to hear anyone at all.

Never had any problems with Ventrilo at all.

It's better to set volume on those who are loud and those who are low in my opinion.

in the room with you.

--Oozr

Vent is still better than team speak. Though TS3 has added quite a bit, it's still not anything compared to vent. And the Speex codec just really sucks, another reason to use vent using a different codec. The ability to adjust players volumes is a must (normalized is not good with TS3), and the ability to put a music bot in a channel and allow others to ghost to it is also much better implemented with vent. Sorry dude, they may have been the first one out there but they still suck compared to vent