Controlling The Game With A Gamepad Anyone?

I was wondering if anyone has tried to play with a gamepad/360 controller. My wrist gets sore after extended play/work periods and sometimes I want to let it rest and still play, so I switch to a controller. I was thinking of using joy2key to try it with EnB and using this setup.

Use the left stick for pointing the ship with the left trigger for thrust. Use the right stick to control the mouse, and use the right trigger buttons for mouse clicks. I could then use the face buttons for the number keys while using some other key as a shift modifier to let the face buttons do two actions each. I could still use the "mouse" to click the higher numbered buttons.

Anyone think this could work? Am I forgetting important buttons? (Map on the Start button maybe) Anyone have any advice on this perhaps? Thank you all for reading.

I dont know if its advisable or even possible, but you could try I suppose. Thing is with this game is location vs mob isnt exactly the fastest pace system, and its not a true 3d, its a pizza box, so the z axis isnt as important as it looks. (if anything the z axis causes more issues than its worth with warp pathing and so on)

Youre apt to lose a fair bit of functionality, but if you have the mouse as a backup you should be ok... considering you can mouse for everything in the game, even driving