Crashing when towing

If it's not one thing it's another. Hopefully this problem is a little easier than my last one.

After doing the newbie missions I got a tow from the mechanic, but the game crashed before anything else happened.

Now whenever I try and load that character it just crashes to desktop straight away.

Edit - sorry about the topic being unrelated, i started typing this about something else.

I've tried making another character and I can't get past the loading screen now :/

Did you try a reinstall? Maybe a file got corrupted. Also check your HD for errors, in case you got corruption from a HD acting up. Also what may be worth a shot is to load a restore point if you happened to install anything that day. Sometimes installing new apps or running the wrong dormant file can cause strange results, especially when trying to run video intensive apps. Like once I installed the windowblinds trial, it wouldn't let me run any of my 3D modeling apps until I loaded a system restore-point. Even uninstalling it my apps were broken. But I'd start with scanning the system in any case, then move on from there.