Astroid Visibility.

Could we please increase the signature's of the astroids? While mining I have noticed (quite easily) that an astroid won't show up on my screen until I am with in 4k of it even though my scan range is 5k.

Now I am NOT asking for you to increase the signature of astroids to 20k (as some people in chat used for an example). That is too much imo. However 10k should be reasonable. And while I have no proof of it I am pretty sure that is about what they were in live. And as a pure miner in live I never used the scan skill or a scan boost device prefering to use those slots and skill pts for other things.

And honestly as a pure miner thats all that I want to do, mine. I really don't want to search a 20-30k (maybe even 40k) area in order to find every single astroid.

Now I know that in chat many people said that I should have to explore for astroids because I am a "Jenquai EXPLORER!!!". Suggesting that because part of my class name included the word "explorer" that I automatically should explore regardless of what I actually like to do. Why? Why should I HAVE to explore just because its in my class name?

Another thing that I would like to see is to have the astroids set in their proper areas. For example you really shouldn't be finding lvl 7-8 astroids in the beginner area. Nor should you be finding lvl 3-4 astroids in an area with lvl 50 mobs roaming that mine field as me and a friend noticed in Mars behind Remus and its twin. I had originally thought that it was a glitch and asked someone to please take care of them for me. A person did take care of them however the mobs respawned 5 mins later making mining in that area for the level that a person should be for mining lvl 3-4 astroids totally worthless. Please note that both of these examples ARE extremes (but true and with no exaggeration) and that there are variations of this.

good idea. Yeah the reason the scan range can sometimes seem slightly less is due to visibility optimisations. The asteroids have a 'zero' signature, which is wrong really, they should be visible beyond pure scan range.

Also yeah there are still high level fields left over from orefest; hopefully we can sort these out before we go to beta.

Back on live their was lv8-9 gas in IO. I have to agree with the high level mobs patroling low level fields, that just seems a bit silly. As for the sig on the roids, and extra few K would help find that last roid in the field.

Yeah, give them a little sig, but not too much. Explorers do get expanded base scan range, and the Scan skill, plus Scan buffs. Just make sure that each explorer has some items with scan buffs on them, they should probably rank JE>TE>PE in terms of how many options each explorer has to boost scan.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1332403646' post='55829']
Edit: pushed this through as a live patch - sorry about the lag!! Asteroids and hulks now have an inherent signature of 4000.0f for explorer classes. See how that fares.
[/quote]

Will try it out, thanks Tienbau. :D