Ah, Memories! (Or, Old Stuff I Made During Live)

So, I was digging through my hard drive because I was certain that through all of my computer upgrades, OS reinstalls, etc., I kept at least some of the old EnB stuff I did back in the day. Alas, it would appear that not all of it survived, but...

First, for a quick bit of history: there was a player on the old Galileo server named Merlvin. He also had an alter ego named Weabol, the Progen with "flare," as he put it. Merlvin used to post Tada-O spoof images to the EnB player forum (and later to the EBPortal forums, after EA decided to dump the forums on the official site--the beginning of the end, to be sure) and on his old website (tada-o.org, iirc). Unfortunately, I don't have any of the great images Merlvin came up with, but I have a few that I created a la Merlvin. He and I had some good laughs over all of these, as did at least a few of the players that frequented the forums back then.

I don't recall the exact circumstances or nature of the complaints circulating the forums back then that inspired me to create this one. I vaguely remember miners saying it was difficult (i.e., slow) to level in the game via mining alone--a valid complaint, I suppose, but the "debate" had gotten out of hand.
[attachment=1399:Tada-OMostHappyMiner.jpg]

A spin-off of the mining debate came when decent devices began appearing more regularly in hulks (was there some in roids too on very rare occasions? I seem to recall that being true, but am not positive). Players of the more combat-oriented classes were unhappy because they claimed it made combat less valuable if miners could find good gear through mining, as if firing a weapon gave one a monopoly on such. Needless to say, I recall these folks getting laughed out roundly, and so this (so that all of us could be miners):
[attachment=1400:Tada-OMostInstantProspector.jpg]

At some point during the game, there was a brief bug introduced that allowed players to take the form of certain NPCs when creating characters. I recall Kahn being a favorite victim of this bug. Though it was patched quickly, apparently, at least one player got banned for this. In any case, I created this image for that occasion:
[attachment=1398:Tada-OAvatar.jpg]

When it became clear that things were on a downhill slide with EnB, but before the sunset announcement, there was much speculation that EA was going to rid itself of this great game (moving the forums from the official site to the EBPortal site did nothing to alleviate these fears). So, made this one:
[attachment=1396:FishAndCHiPs.jpg]

And, perhaps my favorite because I'm completely biased here, when the original DEVs made the Bogeril a much larger faction in the game as der Todesengel was introduced, there was a rather long story/mission arc that allowed a player, iirc, to build specific components that would be needed later on to build specific items. My memory is fuzzy here, but it was stuff like duct tape. Someone with a better recollection can feel free to correct me here. In any case, during a certain stage in this arc, the wonderfully pleasant Bogeril lady you speak with begins talking about "caustic Tarpeian sauce" (Tarpeia, for those that may not recall, was a very vocal player on the forums that also ran a separate fansite called the University of New Edinburgh as well as the Net-7 News spoof, Net-8 News) and some item named after Merlvin and a couple of other players. In this, she talks about Nythalian bakeware. Nythalia, my Progen Warrior, was the name of my main toon back then, as well as the name I used on the forums. Needless to say, I thought it was pretty neat that the DEVs chose to put my toon's name in the game as part of a mission, so I made this simple little image:
[attachment=1397:SignedBakeware.jpg]

Hopefully, this wasn't too self-indulgent. Please forgive me if it was. I just came across all of these images again and it brought back a lot of cool memories, so thought I'd post them here.
  • Upvote 2

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1330875462' post='54877']
That "bug" with creating the characters is still possible, though I won't share how. :)

Its built into the client tho.
[/quote]

I gotcha. So, it was in there from the start, but took a while for it to become known. My memory on a lot of this stuff is, unfortunately, fuzzy.

Plus, I'm really bummed that I can't find my other images. I made one that I really enjoyed of a Singing Nagifer plaque, like those stupid [url="http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/singing-fish-original.jpg"]Singing Bass plaques[/url] you used to see (my apologies to any proud owners of one of these things that happen to be reading this). Also, an Orkael Lazarra-approved Nommos Club, which always brought to mind a variant of an old joke: Three baby Nommos walk into a club.

HA!!!

I just resurrected an old computer and found some other stuff that I thought I had lost!

Here is the Singing Nagifer plaque I mentioned above. I suppose this could have worked just as well with a Tengu, but I just liked the Nagifer better.
[attachment=1418:TadaOMoreSingingNagifer.jpg]

Bear in mind that some are funnier than others, this one being one of the lesser ones:
[attachment=1420:TadaOMostLooseJeans.jpg]

Here is the Nommos Club mentioned above:
[attachment=1419:TadaONotSoftNommosClub.jpg]

Here is a screenshot from the talk tree with Belulah Lee where she mentions the Nythalian Bakeware:
[attachment=1422:ScreenShot46.jpg]

Fun with the Pineapples in Aquitaine:
[attachment=1423:ScreenShot52.jpg]

Taking back Praetorium Mons. A bunch of us on Galileo decided to gather an force the V'rix off of Primus Planet. For about three hours that night, we held the planet hoping that the Devs would show up with some kind of event the way they use to do with the RDs in Saturn. Sadly, it didn't happen.
[attachment=1424:ScreenShot57.jpg]

Insane combat XP exploit (I won't mention how it's done here, in case it's still in the game--I believe this was eventually patched in Live):
[attachment=1426:ScreenShot99.jpg]
[attachment=1425:ScreenShot100.jpg]

From the cargo hold of the Honor, looking out into the barrels of the Romulus cannon:
[attachment=1427:ScreenShot02.jpg]

Memories!!! I'm so glad I found these again. I thought I had lost them.

Enjoy!