Patching Net7

It should not.

Follow this setup

ok I followed the instructions step by step, I get the net-7 to launch and patch. When I hit Play, it oppens a command prompt box with a list of things it's doing, but it dosnt open the enb launcher, it just says it does. Any clue what I'm doing wrong?

Check firewall settings? Is it pointing to the right executable? You should see the EULA box and click the agree button while the command prompt window is open. Also make sure the drop-down box on the launcher says Net-7 Multi-Player (Custom).

Check firewall settings? Is it pointing to the right executable? You should see the EULA box and click the agree button while the command prompt window is open. Also make sure the drop-down box on the launcher says Net-7 Multi-Player (Custom).

You should not need to use the Custom option.. Net7 Mulitplayer should suffice.

You should not need to use the Custom option.. Net7 Mulitplayer should suffice.

could there be an issue with the certificate? when I check the advanced setting, it says there is no certificate installed and when I tell it to install it, the launcher freezes up.

Ok steps I've taken.

1) Installed via original CDs, applied patch, installed net7. When I tried to patch net7 it crashed. I did some reading. I uninstalled everything. (note after installing Net7 there is no interactive net7 menu in my programs list, only the shortcut it makes on the desktop)

2) Installed via original CDs, set install setup to run in windows xpsp2 compatibility mode with administrative privs. Applied patch running in windows xpsp2 mode with admin privs. Installed Net7 in windows xpsp2 mode with admin privs. Net7 patches smooth, I hit play and the command window opens, says logging in launching game, I get a authorization request from windows to launch the game. I hit yes. Command window says game launched, but nothing happens. I let it sit for 15 minutes, nothing launches. I uninstall.

3) I spend 6 hours installing and trying to run the game in different combination of the steps above.

Question: Should Net7 be installed to it's default file path or should it be installed to a specific directory in the EnB folder hierarchy? I have tried several options.

Question: Should the content patch be applied to the e&b.exe file or to the client.exe file?

Question: Does the Net7 install require a certain file path structure which may be different from the downloaded version of the game vs the original cd roms that I used?

Note: I am running Window Vista 32bit. I have user access controls turned off. I have tried installing with no admin privs, with admin privs, in XPsp2 compatibility mode, windows 2000 compatibility mode.

Edited by Ave