New Here Can't Get Emulator to Run

Hello, I am new here and would like some help in the steps to install the game and the emulator along which directories they go in as I must be doing something wrong and cannot load up the game/emulator to the log in screen. I already registered with the stress test and the forums so any info would help and to be specific as possible to please. It's good that you guys are keeping this alive as It was my favorite game back in the day and was mad the EA gave up on it. Will look for your replys and thanks for reading and your time.

Carlo

One of the reasons you may not be able to log in at this time is because the server is offline for maintenance. Keep checking your Net7 launcher until it says "Online" then give it a shot.

Yes I figure so but i need help with what files to install in what directories? So I can make sure I am doing it right because I get an error trying to launch the net 7 app.

First things first: Go to -control panel- and -remove programs- to uninstall EnB and the Net7 client.

When you've uninstalled go to My Computer and go to the folders where they were originally installed and manually delete them. The uninstaller does not delete the old files.

Start the process again:

Run the demo.exe to install the client *As The Administrator*.

You can probably use the default directory of Program Files >> EA Games >> Earth and Beyond. That way, the default locations for other programs that use the client don't have to be changed.

Next run enb-up.exe *As The Administrator*.

The enb-up.exe program will ask you to locate the e&b.exe. This should be in the Earth & Beyond folder to whereever you saved it. Browse to open the Earth & Beyond folder and then press open. (The search bar should already have the "e&b" typed in the bar. If not just click the e&b.exe program)

After the update patch is applied run the Net7 *As The Administrator*.

The Net7 application should self update itself.

You should be ready to rock-and-roll and play.

P.S.: If you didn't notice, EnB needs administrator rights all around. It might be a good idea to right click the EA Games directory and give it full read/write privelages.

Secondly, it might be a good idea to run e&b in compatibility mode. To do this, right click the e&b.exe application in the EA Games >> Earth & Beyond folder and go to properties. Go to the compatibility tab and depending on your operating system, I would have it run maybe in XP.

I hope this helps! Keep reading in the forums to see if anyone else is having any similar problems to find a solution. Good luck!

I did everything you outlined me to do then after the net 7 app was installed it gives me an error so its the net 7 app I downloaded from the downloads section. It gives me an application error not sure why this does this so it was unable to update as well. Anyone have a net 7 app that works I downloaded it from the downloads section a couple of times already and still no success in getting it to run any help would be grateful, thanks.

Also wondering does net 7 have to be in a certain area like in the e&b folder? As I usually install it by itself and it goes into c:net/7 I still get the error as I reinstalled net 7 again.

Dude! Your Awesome!! It worked dammit it worked hehe thanks alot and a big thanks to kohryu as well. All I have to do is patch it up to date and I can finally play, Thanks again both of you.

Ack! after the patching was done it gave me an error again :/ figures. is there certain settings that need to be checked on the launcher? just wondering why the error after I hit play when it finally updated.