trying to reinstall enb on new computer.. no joy :(

ok, so i spent a good part of last night working on this, Im at the point where the game will luanch but tells me that connection to the global server has failed. if I disable local cert it will get past that, but when I enter my name and password and hit enter, i crash to desktop immediatly... cant seem to get past it, any sggestions?

running windows 7 homoe edition 64 bit, everything as admin, net7 luancher has been updated and game has been patched, not sure what else im missing

[quote name='bvdave' timestamp='1317906354' post='47085']
ok, so i spent a good part of last night working on this, Im at the point where the game will luanch but tells me that connection to the global server has failed. if I disable local cert it will get past that, but when I enter my name and password and hit enter, i crash to desktop immediatly... cant seem to get past it, any sggestions?

running windows 7 homoe edition 64 bit, everything as admin, net7 luancher has been updated and game has been patched, not sure what else im missing
[/quote]

[quote name='bvdave' timestamp='1317906354' post='47085']

[/quote]

it is possible to have corrupt files in either the client or the launcher, and you may need to reinstall it as admin.
windows 7 doesnt like to ask for permission to do anything and is a common reason why you would crash on execution if you did not install the game and launcher as admin by right clicking the file and run as admin when installing.

your ip is in local ip ?
host is sunrise.net-7.org ?
launchnet7 v1.9.9 ?
you see people online ?
your .net framework is current ?

you ran the installation as admin and not just checked run in admin afterwards ?

are you useing a router and have tried to connect directly to modem to see if its a router issue ? everything else could work fine except game.

have tried running the shortcut and the .app and .exe files in xp sp2 mode ?

with launcher open click the word launcher top left and reset updates ?

read through technical support to find your issue?

im fixed, heres what did it for me in case anyone else reads this looking for answers

Compatibility Mode

Go to your Earth & Beyond folder. (Default: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Earth & Beyond)
Open the "release" folder.
Right-click on "client.exe" and open its Properties.
Under the "Compatibility" tab, set the Compatibility Mode to "Windows XP (SP2)".
Click "Apply" and "OK".\

I did it on the net7 myself but not the client... duoh!

Thanks guys