Launcher Issues

My HD died, I replaced it and re-installed EnB and I am getting this error message

Error launching client
Details:Wrong Authlogin.dll version.

Your version 3.3.0.2
Required version 3.3.0.6

Please update your Earth and Beyond installation with the latest available patch

I have received this before and dont know how I fixed it.

Help!

Uninstall and explicitly run the installer as an admin (sounds like yer on Vista/7 and have UAC enabled, it would have prevented the existing installer from replacing that file, and its one of the client files that had to be modified to make it work with our server. (so it points to the right place, n all that)

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1316208687' post='46181']
Uninstall and explicitly run the installer as an admin (sounds like yer on Vista/7 and have UAC enabled, it would have prevented the existing installer from replacing that file, and its one of the client files that had to be modified to make it work with our server. (so it points to the right place, n all that)
[/quote]
Not vista 7. XP

I'm getting the exact same error (after reinstalling TWICE, specifically running it as administrator on both reinstall attempts). I run Win 7-64 and only have this issue on my 3rd PC (meaning two work with NO issues --- same operating system). The "problem" PC has had a HW failure, which required reinstalling everything again yesterday. Before this HW failure I used this PC to play EnB with no issues (yea, 3 - PCs). So, I've gone through THREE total EnB install attempts now, on that specific PC (the last two specifically following the suggestion of making sure I'm doing so as "administrator"), but I'm still getting the same error message upon attempting to launch Net-7. (The error at the start of this thread). Here's a possible interesting note. I made an initial EnB install last week on this computer, at the onset of it's HW issue, thinking perhaps my game simply got corrupted (blue screening me during play). That install worked fine and I was playing the game fine for a few days (no launch issues), before making the HW replacement on that specific PC !! I had no issues last week doing a fresh game installation. Does any of this have anything to do with some kind of compatibility issue introduced AFTER the latest server patch?? That is the only thing that is different between my successful game install of last week vs the last couple of days attempts to install it (3 times already) ? hmmmmm

OK, just for sheets n grins, I attempted the reinstall AGAIN (3x now) taking meticulous care to make sure I absolutely did run all the installs in administrator mode (and W7 compatibility mode this time --- last time I ran it in WIN XP Ser Pak 3 mode). I'm still getting the same error listed by our buddy who started this topic :)
Since I could be deemed certifiably insane, trying any more reinstall attempts (without doing something diff), I'll hang on and see if there are any suggestions. I'd hate to think this has something to do with my PC, as everything else appears to be working fine, with no unusual behaviors. I do appreciate any help. Lucky for me I have my other 2 PCs playing EnB, so I'm not totally screwed.

[quote name='Teeteegirl' timestamp='1316244441' post='46198']
OK, just for sheets n grins, I attempted the reinstall AGAIN (3x now) taking meticulous care to make sure I absolutely did run all the installs in administrator mode (and W7 compatibility mode this time --- last time I ran it in WIN XP Ser Pak 3 mode). I'm still getting the same error listed by our buddy who started this topic :)
Since I could be deemed certifiably insane, trying any more reinstall attempts (without doing something diff), I'll hang on and see if there are any suggestions. I'd hate to think this has something to do with my PC, as everything else appears to be working fine, with no unusual behaviors. I do appreciate any help. Lucky for me I have my other 2 PCs playing EnB, so I'm not totally screwed.
[/quote]
I do feel totally insane. The last time this happened one of my guild mates sent me his net-7 folder with an updated authentication file. That doesnt work either. I dont have 2 other machines running it and I havent been on in a month (work) can anyone help???

Try this instead, (not sure why its not working, as I just reinstalled and didn't run into the issue, sadly without being able to replicate there's not a lot I can do to fix it)

In any event: [attachment=1011:authlogin.zip]

This goes in the game client's root folder under ./release/ copy it over the existing one.

Let us know what happens.

I gave it a try after replacing my autologin dll with this one.....it got me past the original error, we are talking about here. I didn't connect however, as the game kept trying to start at the original EA Westwood server. Looking at the "autologin text" file was showing this also. You got me thinking, with this overwriting idea. I appreciate all the extra junk you went through (reinstalling also) to come up with a good solution. Your fooling with this idea eventually got me to "fix" my login problem, although I started "shotgunning" through fix attempts, by systemativally copying over the different whole folders, from one of my "working" PCs to this one. I attempted logging in after each step and here's the one that finally got me through a successful login on PC #3........once I copied and replaced the DATA folder. It has a load of files in there (in two sub folders no less), so I can't say for sure which file actually fixed my issue. I know this sux, as far as doing a legit troubleshooting procedure, but I didn't want to sit here all day copying a thousand files one at a time. It's definitely something in that DATA folder, as it was actually the last one I copied over (under the main EA GAMES >>> Earth & Beyond >>> Data....heirarchy of folders. This isn't going to help CINTRAIN much, since I have 2 other "working" PCs sitting next to this one, I was able to "feed" off of. The junk inside that "Data" folder is way too big for me to offer it up here as a copy :) It's still a mystery as to WTF is the real problem here.
The fact that your and my numerous re-install attempts got us no where doing clean installs, while it worked just fine for our Dev buddy on his PC baffles me.

Kyp --- please don't give up on this guy, just because I had the opportuity to canabalize my other systems to get my login resolved with my ill PC. My fix sucks, because it failed to find the problem, as I was firiing away with my cluster-bomb troubkeshooting method. I do thank you for giving me the idea of finding some file (somewhere) that was different from the working game PCs.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1316278297' post='46212']
Try this instead, (not sure why its not working, as I just reinstalled and didn't run into the issue, sadly without being able to replicate there's not a lot I can do to fix it)

In any event: [attachment=1011:authlogin.zip]

This goes in the game client's root folder under ./release/ copy it over the existing one.

Let us know what happens.
[/quote]
I have reinstalled 5 times. Where do I find the root folder. I apologize for my computer ineptness. Im an IT recruiter and thats where it ends. =( The only thing on my desktop is Earth &Beyond, Earth and Beyond website and Net-7 launcher. There is no folder.

[quote name='cintrain' timestamp='1316349554' post='46253']
I have reinstalled 5 times. Where do I find the root folder. I apologize for my computer ineptness. Im an IT recruiter and thats where it ends. =( The only thing on my desktop is Earth &Beyond, Earth and Beyond website and Net-7 launcher. There is no folder.
[/quote]
I found the folder, inserted new auth file and the same thing happened to me. It took me to westwood as well and then cancelled. I think its progress. Any Ideas? Edited by cintrain

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1316353735' post='46256']
Make me a screenshot of what you see and I might be able to help. (print screen, paste into MS paint, upload to forum as an attachment)
[/quote]
Dont kill me, cant find MS paint! And there really isnt anything to screen shoot. Except the debug launcher. Then I have to accept twice(which is unusual)Then it looks like the game is loading normally except when I hit a key to stop the intro animation, I get a different animation that says westood studios. And Megan appears but it says EA server is unavailable and demo flashing across the top. Edited by cintrain

[quote name='cintrain' timestamp='1316355390' post='46257']
Dont kill me, cant find MS paint! And there really isnt anything to screen shoot. Except the debug launcher. Then I have to accept twice(which is unusual)Then it looks like the game is loading normally except when I hit a key to stop the intro animation, I get a different animation that says westood studios. And Megan appears but it says EA server is unavailable and demo flashing across the top.
[/quote]
Now when I get to megan it says my client is not up to date or it will let me log in then says ea server is unavailable. But at the top it is saying Demo Edited by cintrain

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1316356422' post='46260']
That's certainly a new one on me, but still suggesting something isn't patched if its referencing EA.com for anything.
[/quote]
Its says error your client is out of date when I get t o megan. But I still dont understand why its loading a demo.

[quote name='cintrain' timestamp='1316356656' post='46261']
Its says error your client is out of date when I get t o megan. But I still dont understand why its loading a demo.
[/quote]

Hi

It seems to me that you have not installed or not installed the EnB client patch, enb_up.exe, correctly.

Riia

[quote name='Riia' timestamp='1316358143' post='46262']
Hi

It seems to me that you have not installed or not installed the EnB client patch, enb_up.exe, correctly.

Riia
[/quote]
Define "correctly" I went to where I was supposed to upload it, did it in the order the directions stated (2nd)If I am missing something I am all ears!

http://www.net-7.org and click FAQ, follow those instructions if you haven't. That's all I can really tell you. What Riia is saying is that when you ran the file "enb_up.exe" you didn't target the e&b.exe which is in C:\Program Files\EA Games\Earth & Beyond\ by default if you didn't install the game client somewhere else.

I was also being pointed to the old Westwood server (prior to my shotgunning fix yesterday). It was doing exactly what he is describing (I didn't go into that detail). Adding that .dll file did get us past the original error message in the initial post here, however it started requiring hitting accept on TWO different pop up windows (instead of just one) before initializing the game's full screen vid and sound startup sceen. Upon escaping that first startup sequence, it then went to the WESTWOOD screen (attempting to hit the original EA server). I got the same thing Cintrain describes upon finally getting to the Megan sign in screen. He is at the exact place I was before replacing my entire DATA folder (of EnB) with one from one of my other 2 PCs, which have never had any issues playing the game. I almost feel like sending the guy a CD with my DATA folder, but I'm thinking it also holds my unique account info (I use 4 accounts, with a full army of 20 toons) which may cause more problems ? ! ? If I knew it would not cause account/toon issues, I'd send it. The folder is 1.42G, so emailing is outta the question. It's probably just one little file somewhere in there that got me going past the problem. I'm wondering why my older installs (from PCs 1 and 2) had the correct file, while the recent multiple install attempts on PC 3 did not duplicate whatever file it is that causes this :/
I have always used the same procedure installing the games (not like I decided to try some different and weird method of getting the game back on my third PC).

Guys: Remember, I did a reinstall a week ago on PC-3, which WORKED. It wasn't until after the most recent update patch, that this scenario happened on that computer. I keep thinking something is up with this fact.
Seems like that patch should have nothing to do with this, however, the fact is that's what I observed here:(

Cintrain, I wish you all the luck in the world with this. It's something in that DATA folder that has to do with getting logged on properly.

that sounds like enb_up.exe isn't being used during the installation. The only thing recently patched to the client was a simple text change in how one of the PS's skill descriptions appeared "Go to blahblahblah at level x for training." where blahblahblah was being changed to the correct npc name, this would have nothing to do with it pointing at our server (which is the case here based on what you're describing).

Try re-running e&B up.exe. It's available via the net-7.org download section.

Note that much of this is getting resolved at the phase shift, I can't reveal how I know that.. but obviously I have my ways. :P

Try to grin and bear it for now, soon you won't have to worry anymore.

[quote name='Teeteegirl' timestamp='1316496418' post='46371']
This is real cool. I'm not going to try this as all 3 of mine are working great now, but I'll keep an eye on here to see if it works for C ! Thanks for all your responses on this issue. The help is fantastic.
[/quote]
I had to walk away as I was beyond frustrated. This is the 3rd time I have installed this game(at least)and I never got the westwood screen before. I just tried to hit the net7 key for shits and giggles and its updating again, and taking almost an hour (current version 76 new version 79). My guildie had sent me his net 7 folder zipped and I have been trying to alternate after downloading to no avail. There has to be a way to get me in. Now when I delete everything and reinstal I get a prompt for net 7 that a folder still exists(after my first recent attempt). Could that have anything to do with it? Its a new HD so when I installed the first time there shouldnt have been any issues. I got that promt after deleting and reinstalling. I hate to be a pain in the ass, but I miss my game =(.

Try to be around this weekend and if you don't mind, go to teamviewer.com and download the quick viewer, there should be a small applet available in their downloads section keyed to . Send me the details and I will be happy to look at the install, see if I might be able to help. Can't during the week though, I have to be asleep pretty early due to the shift I work, sorry.