Character Creation

Hey there. Went to make a new character today and the game shuts me out at the name/server select, saying that the galaxy is unavailable. Population's 59% full, and I can get in with my other character just fine. Any idea what's up?

Hey there. Went to make a new character today and the game shuts me out at the name/server select, saying that the galaxy is unavailable. Population's 59% full, and I can get in with my other character just fine. Any idea what's up?

The first time I try to login with a new char, I usually get a message like that. -_- Just click ok (or whatever to exit) then login again with the same char, and I am in. Only happens once after creation...

TooTall

The first time I try to login with a new char, I usually get a message like that. -_- Just click ok (or whatever to exit) then login again with the same char, and I am in. Only happens once after creation...

TooTall

When I quit I have to recreate a new character since it doesn't even save the character to the server. The exact message I get is, "The galaxy this character resides on is currently unavailable. Please try again later." At that point I try to login a couple more times with the same message appearing. So I hit the ESC button and quit. When I relog on I need to go through the entire character creation process and try again to log onto the Sunrise server. Am I connecting to the wrong server on the Net-7 proxy loader? I use the custom multiplayer one. I have tried the other server also but it is the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also have searched the forums to see if anyone else has had this problem fixed and it seems that you are the first to reply. If you need any information from me please feel to ask as I would love to play this wonderful game again since I miss it so much.

Thanks again.

Update~11:41PM PST

I downloaded the starship creator and created a new character. But when I get to the point after loading the character, the server requests a name for the character. I enter a name for my character select the Sunrise server and hit Play Game. I still get "The galaxy this character resides on is currently unavailable. Please try again later," message. I re-logged on afterwards to see if at least it saved the data of my new character onto the server and it did not. I had to re-enter a name for my character and hit the Sunrise server button then hit the Play Game and still received the message aforementioned.

So I am still having issues, if someone could be so kind to look into this issue I would ever be so happy. I promise to jumpstart you if you ever need me free of charge. I'll even come into dangerous territory to do it.

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Ok, I was just about to suggest you use the Creator when you updated...

I, too, have done all you have done and cannot create a new character, with all the same messages and roadblocks you get, yet I can login to my established chars. -_-

My only guess is that the launcher saying that the server is offline when it checks, but it actually is not, and you can still continue to the game normally, *may* be part of the problem.

It needs some one above my pay grade to address this. And I am sure it will happen directly...

(although I believe it will not *seem* be soon enough -- I know what a many year withdrawal Jones from ENB feels like. ^_^ Don't we all?!?)

TooTall

Ok, I was just about to suggest you use the Creator when you updated...

I, too, have done all you have done and cannot create a new character, with all the same messages and roadblocks you get, yet I can login to my established chars. -_-

My only guess is that the launcher saying that the server is offline when it checks, but it actually is not, and you can still continue to the game normally, *may* be part of the problem.

It needs some one above my pay grade to address this. And I am sure it will happen directly...

(although I believe it will not *seem* be soon enough -- I know what a many year withdrawal Jones from ENB feels like. ^_^ Don't we all?!?)

TooTall

I just spoke to a Game Master through teamspeak and he had explained to me that the developers are aware of this issue currently. They are working diligently to effect a repair and we should be able to add new characters to the server very shortly. So at this point all we can do is wait and be patient for one of the developers to address the issue. Then we can get back to living the good ol' days of Earth and Beyond.

• Upvote 1

New Update~9:00AM PST

Well I tried once again to create a new character and it still seems this part of the game is not functioning. From what I can tell, if you already have a character on the game before this malfunction started, then you can still play the game using your older characters. Another issue that seems to be more prevalent is the "Hull Upgrade Lose a toon after disconnect." Can someone please explain to me about this bug that is happening so when I do get to play I know what to watch out for so I am not losing my toons then not being able to play because of the new creation bug.

Thanks again, I know the development team is hard at work on this issue, and if I can be of any service please let me know.

Just wanted to say Hello to all & THANKS !!!!! i searched for some kind of E&B emulator for years after sun set . and again a year back ...i was told by a friend about this one at 8pm last night and i am still up ... i d/l up dated every thing last night to see the server was down ...i have ran a WoW mysql DB server ...so feeling the jones i installed priver server to play ... but haveing problems loging on to it the tools all work i can make a DG shot volti from Vt ;) but cant log on the server for the life of me .... i have waited this long i can wait days without a problem !!!!

Welcome Frizy to the EnB Emulator. I know how you feel mate. I have this really bad itch right now to play EnB since I haven't played since sundown. I was literally on till the server disconnect message came on. I think I cried for a day and then was depressed for another year afterwards. To this day I have never ever found another game like EnB and it is maddening to be soooo close but yet so far. I know the Devs are working on the issue, (Bless their hearts,) but god, I really need to see if this works, I really need to have that feeling I have been missing for so many years now. I mean it is like going through life then finding out something has been missing then having the elation of finding it again.

So if the Dev team need any help whatsoever from my end please let me know. I have extensive knowledge of Java and can code. I will want to check out the dev tools today after work to see if I can not only play but be a help to this entire project. So dev team we are 100% behind you as a community if you need anything from us the community let us know and we can be there right beside you fighting the good fight against the bugs and the bad decision of Electronic Arts.

(Damn you EA for shutting down an awesome game that actually worked and was balanced for something as stupid as the Sims online.) Nice thing though is I have never bought another EA product since their horrid decision to shutdown Earth and Beyond. I have also let other friends know not to support EA in their endeavors.

Sorry about going into a rant, but welcome home.

For the purposes of... well frankly of keeping my hands busy and perhaps lucking into a workaround that will get me into game, I've been going through variable login sequences to try to see if there's something I was doing wrong.

First, in Win7 I had already set the Net7 Launcher to run in xp emulation and admin mode. A friend suggested I run the E&B exe in admin mode as well to see if that might have some infuence. It doesn't. :) "Server unavailable" at the end of the character creator sequence when you try to log into Sunrise.

I then tried (for grins) different race/professions, then cookiecutter templates (no modifications/customizations of the character or ships), then a client-side reboot and isolated application run. No difference. I'm certainly not capable of establishing definitively that this is a server-side error, but I'm running out of client-side tests! ;)

For the purposes of... well frankly of keeping my hands busy and perhaps lucking into a workaround that will get me into game, I've been going through variable login sequences to try to see if there's something I was doing wrong.

First, in Win7 I had already set the Net7 Launcher to run in xp emulation and admin mode. A friend suggested I run the E&B exe in admin mode as well to see if that might have some infuence. It doesn't. :) "Server unavailable" at the end of the character creator sequence when you try to log into Sunrise.

I then tried (for grins) different race/professions, then cookiecutter templates (no modifications/customizations of the character or ships), then a client-side reboot and isolated application run. No difference. I'm certainly not capable of establishing definitively that this is a server-side error, but I'm running out of client-side tests! ;)

Wow thanks for trying all that. I tried a lot of things also including creating my characters through the Character & Starship creator program to no avail either. I happen to agree that this is definitely server side. If anyone knows a workaround or when the DEVs will finish getting the bug repaired, the info would be very much appreciated. Withdrawals from Earth and Beyond for 5 years really sucks, worse then Oxy withdrawals. :)

Thanks for your diligence DEVs. We are behind you 100%.

Update~12:30PM PST

Tried once again to enter Sunrise with a new character and still getting the same message that the server is unavailable at the moment to try again later. I will try again in a couple of hours to see if it has been resolved.

Thanks

Perhaps unrelated, but I heard a rumor from someone that the originally unreleased professions that had been present in the unlocked character creator (Terran Explorer, for instance) were available. I don't know if that's a function of the unlocked character creator or another facet of a limitation of this go-round in terms of getting into the game. If I'm doing something particularly knuckleheaded, don't hesitate to let me know. :D

Retested my sequence of login tests. Still an issue. I'm going to try to run the two applications without XP emulation and NOT in admin mode, and then will try various permutations thereof (just for grins/testing outcomes really. No expectation of success) but then will wait for the heroic devs to report that whatever is obstructing new characters has been relieved.

This evening's patch let me in. Quite pleased really! Few issues, though the 3rd time I docked into Luna the game dumped me to the desktop. I'll continue to wrangle with it, but this is a spectacular step in the right direction for a player who hasn't seen the game in a long long time. Woohoo!