Last night lag and login issues

What happened last night?
I tried to log in around 7pm EST, got in and lag was really bad. Tried to log out, had to ctrl, alt, del to get out. Login in didnt work for hours, it just sat there with the green update bar half way. I did notice some type of update done yesterday. Did the game hiccup last night? Couldnt play at all, gve up around 9 pm EST and went to bed.

What happened?

I sometimes get this problem with one of my computers if i have other programs or explorer windows open when working in XP... The only way i can correct the issue is to restart my computer and just run E&B... XP seems to have poor memory management.

Not sure if this is the same problem u are getting, but its an option u can try if it happens again.

[quote name='cappy' timestamp='1309977813' post='42982']
I sometimes get this problem with one of my computers if i have other programs or explorer windows open when working in XP... The only way i can correct the issue is to restart my computer and just run E&B... XP seems to have poor memory management.

Not sure if this is the same problem u are getting, but its an option u can try if it happens again.
[/quote]

I have windows 7 and have been running the game perfect for weeks. The little time I got to play the game, many people in chat were complaining of lag at that time.
I did actually restart and tried to login, but couldn't once I got out. I understand that we are still in Beta, so it really isn't an issue. I have been a beta tester for many games, including this one before it went live.

I was just curious, that's all. I did notice at login that a huge patch went in that day, so I am figuring something affected the game in some way.

[quote name='Ripster' timestamp='1309980773' post='42985']
I did actually restart and tried to login, but couldn't once I got out. [b]I understand that we are still in Beta[/b], so it really isn't an issue. I have been a beta tester for many games, including this one before it went live.
[/quote]

Not true, this is actually not even close to beta as of yet. This is currently Stress Test #4, alpha testing is next then if we are lucky beta testing will come up after that. Its a sad but true fact, and you should expect lag, latency, and a major amount of bugs still in the game long before we will be full game. I would most likely expect this project to hit beta in about a year or so, and thats being generous.

sometimes we notice a bunch of people from a certain geographical area get lag all at the same time.

it could be something to do with physical network issues ... or the server might have gone sentient and selectively slow a different IP range once in a while.

Some sectors with a lot going on can cause client processing lag, and there are still sectors that are creating up to 400ms processing cycles in the server (should be under 100ms each) - but if you're getting login problems as well it's much more likely there's a networking problem somewhere between your connection and the server.

the connection is mostly reliable, the current issues are with multiboxing which I plan to fix this month.

[quote name='Maniac' timestamp='1309996662' post='42988']
Not true, this is actually not even close to beta as of yet. This is currently Stress Test #4, alpha testing is next then if we are lucky beta testing will come up after that. Its a sad but true fact, and you should expect lag, latency, and a major amount of bugs still in the game long before we will be full game. I would most likely expect this project to hit beta in about a year or so, and thats being generous.
[/quote]

Well, you could of fooled me. I have played games in alpha stages and this one has been the most polished game I have ever played at this stage. I really thought we were in Beta, considering the way the game is in now.

I am amazed

[quote name='Ripster' timestamp='1310037366' post='43001']
Well, you could of fooled me. I have played games in alpha stages and this one has been the most polished game I have ever played at this stage. I really thought we were in Beta, considering the way the game is in now.

I am amazed
[/quote]

its still stress test 4! alpha be up soonish then beta! the devs are working overtime i sure!

[quote name='BrixunMortar' timestamp='1310042575' post='43006']
its still stress test 4! alpha be up soonish then beta! the devs are working overtime i sure!
[/quote]

Enlighten me:
What are the actual stages of game development from beginning to end if we are in Stress Test 4 now?

Thanks