Could not initialize installation (CRC)

I just finished downloading the "client" and went to install it and that's the message it gave me when it started trying to install.

A quick google search said that it might be corrupted so I'm redownloading the file - the only "problem" is that my net connection is horridly slow so the 1.1 gig download is going to take another 3 hours or so (again) to complete.

I was just wondering if anyone was familiar with that particular error and might be able to tell me what's wrong without needing to download the file all over again.

Thanks.

-Reme

The file is checking with a crc and determining that something isn't right (means there's a problem with the file's hash) which is likely due to that slow download speed, I'm afraid. The sources for that client has been available for several years without issues for most so I can only assume that's lost data or corrupted data during the download.

Indeed, if your connection is dropping packets or scrambling the data, you probably have some bits flipped somewhere, which invalidates the entire file. ;)

I would recommend downloading the file from a different link with a different browser or file download program. The portal rotates links automatically, so if you're getting the file via http://www.net-7.org/?page=downloads , you can just download the file again and you're likely to get a new link.