Guild Alliances & communication question

One suggestion for future guild development would be the possibility of formal alliances between guilds. It would be nice to see not only who's on in your guild, but who's on in any guild(s) that your guild is allied to. It would be awesome if we could create chat channels for this purpose. This would facilitate operations on a massive scale, as well as being a great stress test [lots of people in a small area] for the server and the clients.

By default the ' key replies to a private channel that you're subscribed to. I don't know if we're limited to 1 private channel or mutiple ones. I also don't know how to set up this channel and whether or not it can be secured (password protected at the least, up to encryption & electronic keys for the very advanced). The password option would be useful for high-level inter-guild communications, but not strictly nessary. The encryption would be nice for the paranoid, but probably not one that would be truly needed.

If anyone knows how to set up private channels and/or whether or not they're currently supported in the game, please reply.

It would be nice to see not only who's on in your guild, but who's on in any guild(s) that your guild is allied to.

IIRC in Live it was possible to see the member list of any Guild; it was at least possible to see a list of the Guilds and the various rankings assigned. Certainly far from a priority but it's something I'd like to see in the future.