I know who to point fingers at now..

Lets just say I've had some issues with this fine game over the last week and a half since I've reinstalled my os and game.

First I reinstalled my OS ( XP Home sp3) and the same drivers I played this game on for the last 2 years.. and instant crash ( can't find main) error that I had to show to Redd and he can verify that problem.

That was fresh day old OS sp3 install no firewall/av etc with my original cd's the patch and net7 install and updates.. 4 attempts before I gave up and downloaded the enb-demo that got the game to run..

Now I run a little guild..And Monday we decided to make a guild day of it to fishbowl and we ran 3 consecutive raids with only 1 crash (in the third raid and it wasn't me)

Tuesday.. I logged into my comp and proceeded to have nothing but inv-300 errors( instantly as fast as you can press the enter button)

I've attempted several fixes reinstalling the game multiple times my firewall and everything else I could think of..

I've deleted the certs out of my net-7 folder and let the installer reinstall them reinstalled the net-7 folder a few times..

The after a guildy ingame suggested I look thru the getting started thread I found this.

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/forum-56/announcement-13-read-first-technical-support-faq-and-common-fixes/

I am getting the INV-300 (EA.com is temporarily unavailable) error
This error is related to the SSL encryption used to secure your connection to the server. Follow these steps to resolve the problem:

Download this file to "C:\Net7\bin".
Go to "C:\Net7\bin" and open the file "local.net-7.org.cer".
Click the "Install Certificate" button on the dialog box that comes up.
On the "Certificate Import Wizard", click "Next".
Select "Place all certificates in the following store:".
Click "Browse..."
Select "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" and click "OK".
Click "Next" and click "Finish". If a dialog box pops up saying "The import was successful.", you're good to go. If you still receive the INV-300 error after this procedure, please post in the tech support forum.

Now please observe the Local cert.jpg I posted that was after I did the above procedure. Also note the Local cert window I did it again to get the screenshot.. that was the file from the instructions (http://www.net-7.org/local.net-7.org.cer).

Didn't help as you can see.

I am doing my duty.. I am willing to reproduce the problem anytime you want since it's not going away. I have remote observation/control software installed to let you attempt to do it yourself if you like and I am willing to accommodate changes edits and stuff to my computer in a attempt to fix this problem.

What I don't get is how it can go from running 3 fishbowl raids in a row with nary a crash to this within 12 hours.. I don't get it.. and I guess that's what set me off in the general forums.. Edited by Tradermagoo
  • Downvote 1

the launcher install cert doesnt appear to be working, tried manually installing (import successful)i get this.

[attachment=872:Clipboard02.jpg]

and still get the inv-300.

reset updates and launcher it appears to update the cert but still have to use local cert.

[attachment=874:Clipboard05.jpg]

win 7 64 bit
everything running as admin. and compatibility mode xp sp2.

yes, it's due to the launcher not being able to patch the ini files appropriately.

What I think I need to do is apply the sunrise changes to the client patch files, so then even if the launcher isn't able to make any changes, you're pointed to sunrise anyway.

EDIT: done. Hopefully this will stop further INV-300's from happening.

[quote name='Tradermagoo' timestamp='1302729639' post='39053']What I don't get is how it can go from running 3 fishbowl raids in a row with nary a crash to this within 12 hours.. I don't get it.. and I guess that's what set me off in the general forums..
[/quote]
server side is in constant change. stop reinstalling stuff if you have not changed anything locally.

also, INV-300 is thrown when client cant establish ssl connection to server. it _might_ mean certificate error, but it might also mean that login is down and/or client connects to wrong ip altogether.