Okay guys need some help

Okay guys I had a serious error in xp home my admin privileges were broken wednesday after the server went down for updates.

So I had to reformat this poor laptop.

Now I've reinstalled xp home I have installed sp3 and ran updates from wackosoft and installed a anti-virus(nod 32) and winamp that's it.

I reinstalled the game and downloaded the patch and the net-7 launcher and everything is a fresh install.

.net 1.1 2 3.5 and 4 have been installed and updated.

When I first launched the game after the first install I had a certificate come up( first time i've seen it without checking the local cert button).

I clicked yes and went on about my business and the launcher launches just fine but about 3 seconds after the proxy starts ( the dos/cmd box) ms comes up with main.exe has crashed. would you like to send a report dialog.

I've gone thru and reinstalled everything from my original cd's and the patch and the net 7 launcher and let it reinstall and I'm still crashing the main.exe any thoughts cause I'm baffled?

I'm defragging now in case.. I've ran anti-virus scans and it comes clean, I have no idea what else to do. Short of dismantling my registry( doubtful that will help)

Any thughts or advice would be appreciated.

That's pretty strange. Does net7proxy say anything unusual? Where does it stop? When you ran the E&BConfig tool, did the performance test work? It may be worth trying windowed mode.

Found the client(EnB Game) seems to not be taking the updates even though it says it is... But when firing up the client.exe itself, we see the old intro, and then error saying client out of date please update (then quits)...

Tried reinstalling, then reupdating via enbup.exe, via launcher... no joy... Install was performed via original game cd's, next step to remove/reinstall via the enbdemo installer... Shrugs.

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1302226689' post='38561']
That's pretty strange. Does net7proxy say anything unusual? Where does it stop? When you ran the E&BConfig tool, did the performance test work? It may be worth trying windowed mode.
[/quote]

Ya CDeL Launcher crashes when it calls Client.exe to load (assuming its expecting the up to date version) so causes crash. As mentioned if firing the client.exe up on its own look up thats whats happening and why launcher is crashing. Doesnt seem to be a problem with proxy as it loads, runs and updates itself fine. Its just the actual game install thats being a pita and not taking the patches/updates as it says it is.

Its possible the game or net7 is not updating as you say, might try my net7 trick below:

[quote name='Maniac' timestamp='1302208271' post='38524']
This might not work however I have used this method to help a fellow guild member before:
Delete your Net7 Folder
Download this File: [url="https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B2L-IKw8x1jRZDgyNzdiNjEtY2NjNi00MTdkLThhYTMtNzhlZTU3ODBhZmY1&hl=en"]Net7 Folder[/url]
Extract to C:\
Make a desktop Link of C:\NET7\bin\LaunchNet7.exe
Open LaunchNet7

Now you can try to get in game, this is the most up to date net7 from my own drive.

You will need a 7Z extractor to extract these files.

I hope this helps, its the most extreme fix I can think of and might not work.
[/quote]

You can use this up to date version of net7 and click reset updates, might be the older version that you can download might not be updating properly.

Again I cannot guarantee it will work but worth a try.

Ya he gave up for the night. But we did all that stuff all the patches and updates *from launcher/patcher* show progress patching and then successful but then the game still acts like its unpatched LOL... He's gonna try some more tomorrow...