launchnet7.exe app error

Guest Mervyn

Guest Mervyn

Want to say thanks for getting this game going again. loved playing it when it was up and running from ea. my problem is when i run the install.bat, it puts the game on there and that loads fine, but when the install finished up, i get an error that says "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application." That error is for the LaunchNet7.exe file. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times now with the same error coming up. i also ran the net7 cleanup program too. I just finished download the torrent about 1 week ago, so i am figuring it is the most updated one so far. thanks for your time.

are you you on Windows Vista or Windows 7?

If you are, make sure you run the launcher as an Admin.

Also the launcher required .NET framework, please ensure you have the latest version installed

That really sounds like the missing framework slayer. Use .net framework 2.0 or better guy, you can get that from microsoft's website, just do a search on google for .NET Framework, should come up as the current version of 3.5 (unless they've released a new version and I've just not been paying attention)

Also, torrents are not remotely current, the downloads section of these forums contain links to all the current data. The only one item you could get from teh torrent which never changes is the eandbdemo client as we don't host it on our site directly.

I recommend trashing whatever you've got aside from teh client, and starting over in our download section (after installing the .NET framework)